• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing to Aberdeen 2011

DanJP2

I have trouble getting off work to go early in the week so saturday is my day off so the only day im able to go and sounds like a lot of vendors will be packed up. There must be others that can't get off during the week that want to go on saturday but not worth it if a lot of people are packing up and headed home.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get there EARLY on Saturday.. Like 8ish... There will still be plenty of vendors there then selling their stuff.. Thats when the best deals are had.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be up Thursday around 0800. I really don't have anything to bring except my sparkling personality... and beer! I probably should find a truck load of cash to bring too, it looks like I'm going to need it!!! [thumbzup]

CGarbee

Nope...they choose the time to depart. If they want to get there earlier all the have to do is leave earlier.

Lance
We had a serial unit a couple of years ago that arrived on Wednesday... It was the green one from PA...

I'd like to arrive on Wednesday, but have always scheduled the yellow serial (from the south) to arrive on Thursday afternoon in part since I can't get off work earlier in the week, in part due to meeting up with folks headed up from further south...

I think that Art is pushing to have the serial units from north of the show arrive about lunchtime on Thursday, those of us from the south shouldn't be too much later.

I may be missing out on the "super" deals that are to be made on Wednesday night, but I've always been very pleased with the deals that I made on Thursday when I arrived, and on Saturday. Friday, I've been happy to socialize and watch my stuff get sold...

I leave on Sunday about thirty minutes after I wake up. I get home in time for a short nap before supper.

R Racing

I have a M35A2 hard top I sold a member on here that needs a airpac. He has fallen on some hard times and can't afford to finnish the recovery and fix it. Its still at my place and I'm a 1 hr and 30 min south of Aberdeen its a nice winch truck with a heater and eather assist start with a MD title . If anyone is interested you can call me at 443-624-4197 Or PM me. He is asking what he paid which is $3850.00 but he says he will concider offers.

On a different note I'm all packed and planning to be there in the AM between 9 and 10 . Good luck to all and Please drive safe !

jmh4x4

so heres a stupid question, I've been so tied up with work, haven't had the chance to even think about this weekend till this week. Does the vehicle display area require preregistration or can I just show up with my truck Friday morning? I'm not interested in a vendors spot, since I can probably only stay for a few hours Friday, just want to show the truck off for a bit, spend some money, and say hi. I looked on the event's website and couldnt find an answer, but then again, I've been known to have moments of stupidity, got the MRIs to prove that, lol.

Thanks
jason

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a shame, but many vendors leave by midday on Saturday, even when the weather is nice. Always seemed odd to me why so many vendors are in a rush to get back home when this is the biggest event on the East Coast, not to mention if you love your hobby, why are you in such a big hurry to head back, what you have a nagging wife who has a honey-do list that you just can't wait to get to?

The reason it's such a big deal with me is that us hobbyists know about this show, and attend Thursday thru Saturday, but the public that does show up really only comes on Saturday, their day off. I've gotten feedback from a few spectators in the past that were taken aback by the fact that they came to the show and it seemed everyone was pulling out early on Saturday when they were just showing up.

I plan to sponsor my own show in the future sometime. Rule will be, you are expected to stay until the close of the show at 5pm. If you leave early, you might be allowed next year as well, but spot preference and reservation will be given to those who stayed the course first. Just my two cents.

And your event will eventually fall on its axx. Some people like me have 1000 miles or more to get home. I have been doing this for years and they all fall apart by about noon on Saturday.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
so heres a stupid question, I've been so tied up with work, haven't had the chance to even think about this weekend till this week. Does the vehicle display area require preregistration or can I just show up with my truck Friday morning? I'm not interested in a vendors spot, since I can probably only stay for a few hours Friday, just want to show the truck off for a bit, spend some money, and say hi. I looked on the event's website and couldnt find an answer, but then again, I've been known to have moments of stupidity, got the MRIs to prove that, lol.

Thanks
jason
You do not need to be a vendor to display your truck.. Come on over to meet and greet us in the yellow section.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
And your event will eventually fall on its axx. Some people like me have 1000 miles or more to get home. I have been doing this for years and they all fall apart by about noon on Saturday.
I am burnt out from being away from home from Wed-Saturday, spending 16 hour days on asphalt.. I miss my bed, home, dogs, Koi and even my wife. Oh yea, I only live 30 miles away, stay at the hotel but just want to spend time with my sons, Carnac, Bruce and the MD SS members. However, "there is no place like home"....Sunday I will be home, planning on next year.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
We have a couple of m35s were parting out if someone needs some last minute parts call me at 410-808-5227 or my son jason at 443-807-8795.Also have 1 running m35 for sale.

powerhouseduece

I should be getting there Thursday am. Im getting held over at work till 11-noon am tomorrow then is time to pack and get my sh!t tougher. Bruce, Neil and dave, keep my spots warm for me tomorrow night!

modified

Guys,
I'm looking for unusual or unique surplus
-Roll Cabinets
-tool chests
-parts drawer cabinets or sections ..

also any specific M170 parts ;
litters
racks
brackets
windshield frame
etc, etc, etc.

pm me please.

will be there Fri.

got some small Mseries goods toward trade or sell. thanks

panzerwillie

Just got here to aberdeen, long drive from miami, 1 fuel insident with fuel filter on the dodge, took care of it in NC, plan of attack for tomorrow , well is already today
1-Morning glory {3 mile run or 75 Burpies}
2-shower
3- BreakFast {Dinner}
4-wash truck
5-Bank for $ for goodies
6-SHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWrofl
SEE U GUYS THERE

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just got here to aberdeen, long drive from miami, 1 fuel insident with fuel filter on the dodge, took care of it in NC, plan of attack for tomorrow , well is already today
1-Morning glory {3 mile run or 75 Burpies}
2-shower
3- BreakFast {Dinner}
4-wash truck
5-Bank for $ for goodies
6-SHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWrofl
SEE U GUYS THERE
What spot are you in?

84cucv1ton

going there Saturday. i have cucv parts and trucks. have no way to bring any trucks but i can bring parts. have tons of parts. radio mounts for m1009s and m1008s.. have m1009, 2 m1008, 2 m1028, 4 m1031.. send me a pm if you want me to bring something

here some pics of what i have:

http://community.webshots.com/user/chevycucv

Last edited: