• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down possible compressor failure

dawico

A piece of wire is handy to get the back bolts out of the unloader. You have to angle them toward the IP. The top can be taken off without removing the head but it takes some luck and skill.

Clean it up and lube it.

Smokinyoda

Gave up trying to get the unloader off. Bought a 3400 watt generator and a 2hp compressor. Ran an air line to emergency glad hand and away I went. When I get time I will tear into the unloader and see if thats the problem. If not will check the head gaskets. Or maybe just bite the bullet and get a new one and rebuild this for a spare. Thanks for everyone's help.

damien.jpg

Tornadogt

Gave up trying to get the unloader off. Bought a 3400 watt generator and a 2hp compressor. Ran an air line to emergency glad hand and away I went. When I get time I will tear into the unloader and see if thats the problem. If not will check the head gaskets. Or maybe just bite the bullet and get a new one and rebuild this for a spare. Thanks for everyone's help.

View attachment 609894
I carry a similar setup during recoverys. I got everything from Harbor Freight (I know some/most of there stuff is junk).. I got there 2Stroke small generator/ and pancake compressor (Not there smallest one but the next size up. From what I remember spent about $100.00 on each with there coupons. What I learned about there compressors and small gas engines is to follow there "break-in" Instructions and you will be much happier with the outcome. There compressor instructions say something like run for the first 20 mins with the drain valve open as to not build pressure but pump air, and on the Gas generators they say to run them under no load for 20 mins to "break-in". Another big thing is to get rid of the Junk Spark plug. Generally speaking I am not a big Champion spark plug fan but it works well in the generator..

440Duster

I recently experienced no output from the compressor. After a teardown of the governor, still no output. Removed the compressor head, which can be done with a great deal of patience, cleaned everything up and reassembled. Still no output. Removed the line on top and the side (the one with the two bolts) and loaded the head up with ATF. Reassembled, let it sit awhile, started it up and it started building air. Has been without issue since.Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks