• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken Rockwell Axle

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Check the carrier really well for cracks and look for wollored out holes where the spider cross fits. (the 4 holes shown in pic #8)

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe your tire hit the bed and caused the failure.

If so, a stronger axle will only move the issue to the next week point(bed or tire).
That is the only thing that has me thinking twice about putting 11.00-20s on my truck if I was able to locate some. They would ride nice but offroad articulation would be compromised a little. I have had my 9.00-20's hit my bed now.... but that was an extreme case of me playing around running a rock over.

DavidWymore

You would have to have to have the deuce loaded to weight capacity and on some very extreme terrain to damage anything, especially the axle shaft by rubbing.

dezert ratt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428008471.719515.jpg
I decided to order a Yukon gear, grizzly locker instead of putting spider gears back in. Let's see how long it takes to break a stock 16 spline axle shaft now.

HanksDeuce

How much did the Grizzly locker set you back? I browsed a few sites and they listed them in the $470-500 range. Is there a reason you chose the Grizzly over the Detroit locker? Only major differences I could find would be the disengagement teeth are wider and supposedly 350% stronger in the Grizzly than the Eaton (detroit). Grizzly has a 1 year warranty too.

dezert ratt

Price was right. Other than that it was one of the first things to pop up when I was searching for Rockwell parts, so I thought i might as well upgrade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks