• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken starter both problem

rfischba1

Any suggestions on how to remove a broken starter bolt, now that my bit broke off in the bolt while trying to drill it out.
Is there a special harded bit I can use that will cut out the brobken bolt and bit?
Easy job turned ugly.:(

cleb

I actually took my old bolt out with a screwdriver, it was so loose. Carbide bit might make it thru the bit in there. Just another one of the joys of owning a 6.2. When your putting it back together make sure your starter has the support bracket on the tail end.

mtn man

Broken starter bolt removal

I had the same thing happen... had a broke starter bolt about 1/4" inside block... I drilled the bolt and tried to use a ezout.... broke ezout in the bolt when trying to get broke olt out.... bad day... old bolt would not back out easily and the ezout broke trying to get it loose. I had to use a cold chisel to get the broken ezout out of the bolt that was still in the block. Once the ezout was cleared out, I used a left hand drill bit from craftsman and finally got it loose... I bought new started bolts at GM dealer- # 15544950 and added the rear bracket # 23502557 for my gear reduction starter. No trouble since with new bolts and the rear bracket. Rear bracket uses a M8 1.25 (fine thread I think that is size) bolt to hold it to block. bought this bolt at Lowe's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks