• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Building Full hydro steering complete

bobbed_1971

No me and my buddie made that bracket the bracket that psc sells is for high steer setups.I called and thats what they told me and the pump is a gm style high flow pump from psc.And the heim joints are psc that comes with the kit.

Trango

Wow. I have basically that entire kit on a rockcrawler that I've been looking to part out. Of course, it would be minus pump, but those are cheap.

/rubs chin

OP, looks good.

bobbed_1971

It drives like my 2006 ford powerstroke it drives great I used a load reaction orbital valve so when you let go of the wheel it will recenter its self.Nice setup I love it psc sells everything I had to have a hose made at my local hydraulic shop.And had to get some odds and ends also.But its a nice setup also I need to snap a pic of the cooler.I mounted the cooler to the trucks grill frame its a B and M cooler works great.

sewerzuk

Looks like just bolts on the ends of the tie rod and not a tapered ball joint. If that is the case I don't like that.
I am running the same setup on my deuce; there is actually a tapered insert in the steering rod that adapts the taper to a straight 3/4" bolt. It works great.

Nice work bobbed; enjoy it! Hydro steering is far and away the best single mod I did to my deuce...I'm sure you agree :mrgreen:

jesusgatos

Are you going to mount the ram and steering linkage on the front or the back of the axle? Might want to check with PSC because most guys run those arms on the front of their rockwells and I'm guessing they might have changed the TRE mounting points on their arms, which would affect the ackermann steering geometry. Doesn't look like those high-steer arms tie into the stock steering arms. Is that right? And what's that about adapting the taper to a straight 3/4" bolt? Are you running straight 3/4" bolts in single-shear?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks