• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Building full hydro steering

bobbed_1971

Im using high dollar stuff from psc no cheap chit.Plus the orbital valve im using is a load reaction valve so if you let go of the wheel
it will return to center.So it should steer good when im done.

rnd-motorsports

Not a real hard system to put together find a center mark it turn wheels to lock and measure your distance and find a cylinder that will work for your aplication if the cylinder stroke is a little long use a stop lots of reading on it read get understanding one cyl. or two both will work the same just more mounts the ram size would be more important then the lenght or at least being too long becouse the larger the ram size the slower the steering will work. heer is my set up on wifes truck I know just a dana 60 but not really and dif on any truck

Attachments

bobbed_1971

Pscmotorsports.com is the website I ordered from. Buy the rockwell kit for the front axle. You need a 19" quick disconnect splined column and a 15" steering wheel. All together it's roughly about $1,500. You also need to build a bracket for the hydro steering pump, wouldn't be hard to build out of some steel plate. Hopefully getting a CNC plasma cutter soon maybe i'll make some plates and sell them on here lol.

bobbed_1971

Well here is an update on the steering removed the steering box what a bitch that was.Took 4 hours getting it out.Got the orbital valve mounted the column mounted.Got all the steering lines run mounted the steering ram 2 days ago.Just have to build the tie rod ends and hook up the lines to the ram and install the belts add fluid bleed the system.And finish some odds and ends on it this is no easy project everything has to be custom built.Its nice having help to do a project like this.Hopefully it will be done by the weekend if the weather will hold out if I didnt have help from my buddie id be here for a month lol.Were only working on it a few hours a day but I will post some pics on here when its all done!!!

And if your going to do a project like this dont buy cheap A$$ parts im already $2000 deep in this but it should be worth it when its all done!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks