• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Building my M101A2 into a Hunting, Camping, EXPO Trailer

evilmonkey

I bought this trailer for $150.00 a couple of weeks ago and plan on building my M101A2 into a Hunting, Camping, EXPO Trailer.
10414817036_6bce7e9e7d_n.jpg
So today I removed the surge brake, and cut the drop leg off the A-frame bracket.
10520672416_abdff78250_n.jpg10521205844_719a9f9992_n.jpg
Then I ground off the the excess and cleaned up the A-frame bracket.
10520742894_058640f6d1_n.jpg
Tomorrow while I'm at work, I'm going to drop off the U-channel mount and A-frame bracket at our Fab shop and have them weld it up.
10520760195_d731740484_n.jpg
After the lunette is mounted, I'm going to pull bed, clean clean up everything, and paint bed liner on the frame and bed. then I'm going to build a bed box system with drawers to organize my camping and hunting stuff.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to pulling and replacing the axle yet.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What will you be pulling it with? I would kinda let that dictate on an axle swap. Having a common wheel and bolt pattern makes lots of sense. By the way, did the seller fill out a police report? You darned near stole that trailer from him/her.

evilmonkey

lol, My friend had three of these trailers out on his property and he offered it up to me to clear up some space. I couldn't turn it down for that price!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im all into cleaning and helping out a nice man like that... keep us posted with pics on your progress. i too would love to make a camper special out of a 101

evilmonkey

I am going to build a drawer system that is even with the wheel well (height wise). Two of the drawers will be on the front left and right sides of trailer for a pull out kitchen set up. The rear of the trailer will have at least two drawers. I still in the design phase working out dimensions for the drawer system. I am thinking, if I keep the drawer system even with the wheel well I can cap off the top and water proof to keep some of the bed in play for utility. This is just what I am planing for now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks