• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Building my M101A2 into a Hunting, Camping, EXPO Trailer

evilmonkey

I bought this trailer for $150.00 a couple of weeks ago and plan on building my M101A2 into a Hunting, Camping, EXPO Trailer.
10414817036_6bce7e9e7d_n.jpg
So today I removed the surge brake, and cut the drop leg off the A-frame bracket.
10520672416_abdff78250_n.jpg10521205844_719a9f9992_n.jpg
Then I ground off the the excess and cleaned up the A-frame bracket.
10520742894_058640f6d1_n.jpg
Tomorrow while I'm at work, I'm going to drop off the U-channel mount and A-frame bracket at our Fab shop and have them weld it up.
10520760195_d731740484_n.jpg
After the lunette is mounted, I'm going to pull bed, clean clean up everything, and paint bed liner on the frame and bed. then I'm going to build a bed box system with drawers to organize my camping and hunting stuff.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to pulling and replacing the axle yet.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What will you be pulling it with? I would kinda let that dictate on an axle swap. Having a common wheel and bolt pattern makes lots of sense. By the way, did the seller fill out a police report? You darned near stole that trailer from him/her.

evilmonkey

lol, My friend had three of these trailers out on his property and he offered it up to me to clear up some space. I couldn't turn it down for that price!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im all into cleaning and helping out a nice man like that... keep us posted with pics on your progress. i too would love to make a camper special out of a 101

evilmonkey

I am going to build a drawer system that is even with the wheel well (height wise). Two of the drawers will be on the front left and right sides of trailer for a pull out kitchen set up. The rear of the trailer will have at least two drawers. I still in the design phase working out dimensions for the drawer system. I am thinking, if I keep the drawer system even with the wheel well I can cap off the top and water proof to keep some of the bed in play for utility. This is just what I am planing for now.