• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper mounted vise

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have been thinking about the usefulness of a vise on the deuce for awhile now and then boom I finally found one! Installation was a snap and I didnt add much nose weight to the truck. Like they always say "its not the size the counts it's how you use it"20160628_201710.jpg20160628_201639.jpg

brianp454

That big, huge, gigantic, enormous, massive, immense, colossal, behemoth of a vice is going to overload your front axle and cause the muffler bearings to seize at the worst possible time. Flitin’ with disaster

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After one gets over the chuckle of that, they might reconsider. That would be handy for a lot of things. I have a decent Yost vise on my slide out work bench in my SECM. I also have a tiny Wilton on the tailgate. I use the Wilton 25 times for every time I use the Yost.

rustystud

After one gets over the chuckle of that, they might reconsider. That would be handy for a lot of things. I have a decent Yost vise on my slide out work bench in my SECM. I also have a tiny Wilton on the tailgate. I use the Wilton 25 times for every time I use the Yost.
That is so true. I have two vises on my workbench downstairs. A Wilton 8" and a smaller 4" Wilton. The smaller one gets used 98% of the time.

my blood flows OD

One of the most useful things I have seen for mounting a vice for use on a vehicle is to mount it to a plate welded to a piece of 2" square stock. Slides into a receiver hitch. This make one vise for multiple trucks. And you can weld a 2" hitch into the front bumper or anywhere else you need.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the most useful things I have seen for mounting a vice for use on a vehicle is to mount it to a plate welded to a piece of 2" square stock. Slides into a receiver hitch. This make one vise for multiple trucks. And you can weld a 2" hitch into the front bumper or anywhere else you need.
This is only limited by your imagination. For the non fabricating crowd, Harbor Fright sells 2 different rating bolt on recievers. The expedition folks use the heck out of this design for everything from tables to grills to shower heads. Good stuff here. If you have a massive vise/vice, you may require a support leg/group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks