• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper mounted vise

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have been thinking about the usefulness of a vise on the deuce for awhile now and then boom I finally found one! Installation was a snap and I didnt add much nose weight to the truck. Like they always say "its not the size the counts it's how you use it"20160628_201710.jpg20160628_201639.jpg

brianp454

That big, huge, gigantic, enormous, massive, immense, colossal, behemoth of a vice is going to overload your front axle and cause the muffler bearings to seize at the worst possible time. Flitin’ with disaster

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After one gets over the chuckle of that, they might reconsider. That would be handy for a lot of things. I have a decent Yost vise on my slide out work bench in my SECM. I also have a tiny Wilton on the tailgate. I use the Wilton 25 times for every time I use the Yost.

rustystud

After one gets over the chuckle of that, they might reconsider. That would be handy for a lot of things. I have a decent Yost vise on my slide out work bench in my SECM. I also have a tiny Wilton on the tailgate. I use the Wilton 25 times for every time I use the Yost.
That is so true. I have two vises on my workbench downstairs. A Wilton 8" and a smaller 4" Wilton. The smaller one gets used 98% of the time.

my blood flows OD

One of the most useful things I have seen for mounting a vice for use on a vehicle is to mount it to a plate welded to a piece of 2" square stock. Slides into a receiver hitch. This make one vise for multiple trucks. And you can weld a 2" hitch into the front bumper or anywhere else you need.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the most useful things I have seen for mounting a vice for use on a vehicle is to mount it to a plate welded to a piece of 2" square stock. Slides into a receiver hitch. This make one vise for multiple trucks. And you can weld a 2" hitch into the front bumper or anywhere else you need.
This is only limited by your imagination. For the non fabricating crowd, Harbor Fright sells 2 different rating bolt on recievers. The expedition folks use the heck out of this design for everything from tables to grills to shower heads. Good stuff here. If you have a massive vise/vice, you may require a support leg/group.