• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying my first deuce... what color paint

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well im getting the truck for 4 grand so really i dont think it can go south of that and i had actually considered rhino lining the entire exterior

i guess i just see so much potential with a truck like this i start thinking directions it could go.

as for insulting the troops im sorry if the paint color of a truck is offensive... im pretty sure i saw a pink one here somewhere

i wonder the reaction ill get when installing an air to water intercooler bigger injectors turn up the pump and install a banks sidewinder turbo
a well ventilated block and a towing bill

Your truck = your choices

Last edited:
i wonder the reaction ill get when installing an air to water intercooler bigger injectors turn up the pump and install a banks sidewinder turbo
:lol: Better off re-powering with a different engine. The multifuel is a dog any way you slice it. Great for low-end torque,,,, but thats about it. No sense in dumping a bunch of money into it so you can just blow it out of the hood. 2cents

Jakob

dont paint it glossy colors
This is what I agree with along with what Mad Scientist said earlier. Especially right now, these trucks have little to no resale. Paint it whatever you want to, as long as it's a satin/flat color. Gloss anything would not look very well at all.

RealCavDog

Also being new, I have been shopping the four state area for an 'A2 with the original idea of bobbing and flat black or charcoal ! have looked at several great runners well worth the price, but painted rescue yellow, fire engine red, and a few other monstrosities ! Let me tell you, in my opinion, the custom idea sounded great in my mind, till I saw some in person ! Whats that old saying about lipstick and maheup on a pig !

After over 2 years of shopping, hunting, researching . . . all I can suggest is think hard and clear ! WAAAAY harder to redo the beast than to make the right call the first time !

I have even scrapped the bobbing idea, But will be using bigger rubber !

Good luck to you and most importantly. . . . ENJOY YOURSELF !

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
lfranz166, do with it what floats your boat. You won't be the first to do so. I have seen all kinds of colors and combinations on here and I know many others have seen them too. I reckon I am old school ; when I picture a deuce in my mind, I see a green truck with three axles under it...anything else is, well, somthin' else. That's not to say I don't dig bobbed deuces. I guess what I'm tryin to say is if you want a MV, keep it MV, if you want something else, then go for it by all means...paint it to suit, cut it up, that's part of what keeps our group interesting, it's your machine and truthfully I am intrigued with your black and grey scheme....but it won't be an MV representative of what was issued anymore. Please don't nobody get their panties in a wad....not my intention...just my turn on the soapbox. :driver:

lfranz166

Ya very similar but I'll be doing a tu-tone grey top black fenders. I would hate to copy the one they did on the show. But the suspension set up was pretty sweet.

I wonder how the truck would ride with air bags front and rear with a four link

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Franz, don't let 'em get ya down. Do it howyalike. I'm a newbie too. I plan on painting my Deuce OD green, then putting on a gloss clear coat. I want to find some chrome baby moons to put on too. And I'm going to replace the wood on the seats with oak and polyurethane it. That may get some panties in a bind, but I consider that to be my truck's Dress Greens! And if I sell it, it would be easy to convert it back, you could just spray it flat clear. The important thing is I want it to be a good running truck. I'll still work it a bit and run some mud even.

Ripcord01

I say tan and the reason I say that is simple . HEAT. these trucks are a magnet for heat during the summer and early fall days. It is more comfortable to drive a tan truck because it reflects the sun, green absorbs the sun. Black is just asking for a heat stroke. And tan and blue camo is just to cool..[thumbzup] Good luck and enjoy the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks