• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C&C equipment Nashville Indiana

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi

I have looked at a few 5 tons via private sellers and didn't really find anything I liked

Govt auctions wouldn't be for me

Anyone buy a truck from C&C or use their shop service?

From their website it looks like they have some nice trucks

Any feedback ?

Thank you

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi

I have looked at a few 5 tons via private sellers and didn't really find anything I liked

Govt auctions wouldn't be for me

Anyone buy a truck from C&C or use their shop service?

From their website it looks like they have some nice trucks

Any feedback ?

Thank you
If you have deep pockets go for it. There's alot of nice trucks forsale. Just shop around. Prices flucuate as does the trucks being sold.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 816 from them a few years back. Great sevice and it was good deal for a 816. Less than 10k shipped

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C&C does sell some nice trucks. I have been there several times buying parts and tires/rims. I have checked out several of their trucks each trip there.

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have deep pockets go for it. There's alot of nice trucks forsale. Just shop around. Prices flucuate as does the trucks being sold.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I definitely don't have deep pockets lol

But I know from experience, for a person like me, it would be better investing more up front for a truck in good condition rather than a project

Another member posted about their new truck purchase, it was from I believe a place called Midwest Military or something like that, it had red brackets

Some other members recognized the place and right away said be careful because past experience or something

I just wanted to hear what opinions people had with C&C and see if they had the same feedback

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What truck are you looking for?
BMY M925a2 with a soft top

My main hobby is boating, my boat has a pair Detroits, 8v71 twin turbos, but it was a project and 4 years later I am still working on it.

I don't want another project, I want something nice that I can maintain and upgrade and fix when things break.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

But I know from experience, for a person like me, it would be better investing more up front for a truck in good condition rather than a project

Another member posted about their new truck purchase, it was from I believe a place called Midwest Military or something like that, it had red brackets

Some other members recognized the place and right away said be careful because past experience or something

I just wanted to hear what opinions people had with C&C and see if they had the same feedback
He is a member here .
ccequipment

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 816 from them a few years back. Great sevice and it was good deal for a 816. Less than 10k shipped
Thank you, that was the response I was hoping for

It would be nice to buy a truck from a business that could also do some upgrades and service before the truck even gets to me

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Good condition is only defined by one person and that is you. My truck doesn't look pretty, leaks a little oil - if she doesn't that means shes out, Leaks a little water thru the windshield seams. Few dents, dings, scratches. BUT it is the most roadworthy, reliable, and logged the most miles as any 5 ton on SteelSoliders. You can go to cali and back anytime you wanted to. Some people may call it junk cause of the little things wrong with it or it is not a "nice truck" cause its not a mall cruiser. Most folks I deliver stuff to are more impressed to check out my truck than what I am dropping off for them. The worst thing for these trucks is that they sit and do nothing.

I love my truck even though i scream, yell at it, throw things at it, cuss and call it names but she still takes me anywhere I need to go and gets me home.

They are all projects, we all tinker. People spend what little money they make and can spare on their trucks, or the deep pocket guys have all the toys you can want. Any truck you buy it will be the little things to nickel and dime you to death to fix or to upgrade. Or big things like a hardtop. It just varies.

Trucks come along everyday. A member here was selling a very nice M818 which i thought was underpriced. Good deal for someone at the time. Then others have their's listed for $10,000 and i would give em 2 or 3k for it just cause it is a sitter, not that nice and just a normal truck, but everyone can ask their price.

Shipping one can cost ya some unless you plan on driving it. The recoveries are fun but can lead to alot of unplanned expenses.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, that was the response I was hoping for

It would be nice to buy a truck from a business that could also do some upgrades and service before the truck even gets to me
I purchased an LDT multi fuel engine from them a few years back, as well as some parts....no complaints.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yes they are not really my style

I was pursuing a deuce at first, but for many reasons, its the M925a2 for me
Member 86M1028 has a M923A2 in Dallas that is pretty nice and needs a new home. He has a winch available that could be installed on it too.

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good condition is only defined by one person and that is you. My truck doesn't look pretty, leaks a little oil - if she doesn't that means shes out, Leaks a little water thru the windshield seams. Few dents, dings, scratches. BUT it is the most roadworthy, reliable, and logged the most miles as any 5 ton on SteelSoliders. You can go to cali and back anytime you wanted to. Some people may call it junk cause of the little things wrong with it or it is not a "nice truck" cause its not a mall cruiser.

Your truck sounds like my boat lol, its a 1985 so its definitely not going to win a beauty contest and with those detroits, there is ALWAYS oil and grease and soot and never seaze all over the engine room haha

Most folks I deliver stuff to are more impressed to check out my truck than what I am dropping off for them. The worst thing for these trucks is that they sit and do nothing.

If I bought it, I would run it. Weekend cruiser, runs to home depot, maybe a parade or two. I would like to get involved with some vets too, unfortunately no off-roading on Long Island

I love my truck even though i scream, yell at it, throw things at it, cuss and call it names but she still takes me anywhere I need to go and gets me home.

They are all projects, we all tinker. People spend what little money they make and can spare on their trucks, or the deep pocket guys have all the toys you can want. Any truck you buy it will be the little things to nickel and dime you to death to fix or to upgrade. Or big things like a hardtop. It just varies.

If I had a wife and kids, I wouldn't even think about a hobby like this, but um I don't ...

Trucks come along everyday. A member here was selling a very nice M818 which i thought was underpriced. Good deal for someone at the time. Then others have their's listed for $10,000 and i would give em 2 or 3k for it just cause it is a sitter, not that nice and just a normal truck, but everyone can ask their price.

I looked at a few trucks in the 10k range, not impressed

Shipping one can cost ya some unless you plan on driving it. The recoveries are fun but can lead to alot of unplanned expenses.
Yeah it would cost about 2k-2500 to get to LI from C&C

Considering I spend $9k to haul my boat up from Florida, the above amount aint so bad lol

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah it would cost about 2k-2500 to get to LI from C&C

Considering I spend $9k to haul my boat up from Florida, the above amount aint so bad lol
I just hauled a 923A2 from Springfield, MO to Albany, NY for $2500.. If I can find a decent backhaul I can get you a pretty good rate. Tolls are pricey but not a big deal.

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question about reg and insurance

I would want to register the truck as historical.

NYS requires vehicle to be over 25 years old, which I would be good with

But the weight, I read on this forum somewhere that you can't do historical on vehicles that weigh over 20k

Can someone please clarify ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks