• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C&C equipment Nashville Indiana

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question about reg and insurance

I would want to register the truck as historical.

NYS requires vehicle to be over 25 years old, which I would be good with

But the weight, I read on this forum somewhere that you can't do historical on vehicles that weigh over 20k

Can someone please clarify ?
Varies by state. You'll need someone local.

More than that,it varies by who you get behind the DMV counter....

tobyS

You'll pay a premium for a 925 over a 923 or better yet an 931. I've bought 16 and sold 14.

Do you really need the winch? While I'm down to the last couple, I have a NOS PTO for adding hydraulics later.

At one Indianapolis sale C&C bought 60 trucks, many of them 931's, so I believe they have one of the best inventories around. I don't think they over-price as much as some vendors. My suggestion would be to have them make a 931 that has low miles into a 4x4 (don't bob it, the 931 is short to begin with) and put a deuce or shortened deuce bed on it and a nice Reese hitch for your boat.

jatonka

To license in NYS as Historical it has to weigh 20,000 or less, for sure. Up to you what you put in the weight column on the application. Also, will need a title because it is newer than 1973, unless the state you are buying from is a "Bill of sale" state, such as Vermont. Then the bill of sale works to get you a NYS Title in your name. JT

tobyS

If I had only one...it would be a 4x4 made from a 931. That one would be just fine. I'd gladly sacrifice the winch for a super clean truck and have someone else do the axle work and bed. Put a hard top on the wish list, maybe ditch the Goodyear AT-2 and go 16.00's.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had only one...it would be a 4x4 made from a 931. That one would be just fine. I'd gladly sacrifice the winch for a super clean truck and have someone else do the axle work and bed. Put a hard top on the wish list, maybe ditch the Goodyear AT-2 and go 16.00's.
All it takes is money!

tobyS

All it takes is money!
Yea....there is no doubt that having someone else build a truck takes plenty of money but it sounded like the OP was willing to pay to avoid the risks that come with "projects".

Myself...it's the build that is the fun, but I understand why he would chose to pay reasonable markups for a truck and buy it ready to go. C&C seems like a good place to do that.

tobyS

I'm with you on the short wheelbase tractor into a more nimble cargo truck, but why lose an axle?

:)

View attachment 723896
There are so many threads on that issue, fuel, some less weight with still plenty of payload capacity....comes down to personal preference I guess. It is a lot less work just changing from fifth wheel to a bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks