• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C turbo D turbo

yak50pilot

Can one of the experts on this site shed some light on a turbo question?

I have a D turbo on my duce now. I have a new C turbo. Beside the C turbo making more noise, does it improve performance at all or just more noise?

Thanks in advance!

Josh

You actually loose like 1-2hp for putting on a C I believe. Otherwise, I've noticed no differance(other then noise) from when I switched from a D to a C.

wsucougarx

All the trucks I have ever owned have all had the non-whistlers. However, I would like to have one whistler in the inventory. For now I just have to settle on cracking the window ever so slightly to get the whistle:roll:

Josh

For me it was. I love the sound of whistle. If you dont like loud constant noises, chances are your going to swap it back.

cornrichard

I now it is a blasphemy here but I took a C off my truck and installed a D. I picked up 1-2 lbs of boost but you really only make boost at full throttle on a grade or in top gear. I do not think you will notice a performance difference, I did not.

The D turbo is much quieter. I installed a muffler before I changed the turbo. All it did was make the scream of the C more noticeable. With the muffler and D turbo my wife will ride with me. I can talk to people without screaming. I can hear my phone ring. My dog will not howl in tune with the turbo the whole time we are in the truck. I like the D.

Armada

yak50pilot, I've been looking for a c turbo and if you think you might want to sell it please let me know! I'm 20 minutes away from you.

ODdave

Its a very crude vid but it gives you a lil taste. the screem is dround out under cruise load but is pronounces under partial and decell.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MOe0M2KMk[/media]

eddiec

I do love the sound of the c turbo, and always will. However, when mine went out in december, the only turbo I could find that day that was close by was a new waste gate, and you could not believe the power difference. I do miss the whistle, but the considerable performance difference makes it worth while for now.

DEUCEBIGALOW

I do love the sound of the c turbo, and always will. However, when mine went out in december, the only turbo I could find that day that was close by was a new waste gate, and you could not believe the power difference. I do miss the whistle, but the considerable performance difference makes it worth while for now.
Tell memore about this hp gain and which turbo you are speaking of

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks