• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C turbo D turbo

yak50pilot

Can one of the experts on this site shed some light on a turbo question?

I have a D turbo on my duce now. I have a new C turbo. Beside the C turbo making more noise, does it improve performance at all or just more noise?

Thanks in advance!

Josh

You actually loose like 1-2hp for putting on a C I believe. Otherwise, I've noticed no differance(other then noise) from when I switched from a D to a C.

wsucougarx

All the trucks I have ever owned have all had the non-whistlers. However, I would like to have one whistler in the inventory. For now I just have to settle on cracking the window ever so slightly to get the whistle:roll:

Josh

For me it was. I love the sound of whistle. If you dont like loud constant noises, chances are your going to swap it back.

cornrichard

I now it is a blasphemy here but I took a C off my truck and installed a D. I picked up 1-2 lbs of boost but you really only make boost at full throttle on a grade or in top gear. I do not think you will notice a performance difference, I did not.

The D turbo is much quieter. I installed a muffler before I changed the turbo. All it did was make the scream of the C more noticeable. With the muffler and D turbo my wife will ride with me. I can talk to people without screaming. I can hear my phone ring. My dog will not howl in tune with the turbo the whole time we are in the truck. I like the D.

Armada

yak50pilot, I've been looking for a c turbo and if you think you might want to sell it please let me know! I'm 20 minutes away from you.

ODdave

Its a very crude vid but it gives you a lil taste. the screem is dround out under cruise load but is pronounces under partial and decell.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MOe0M2KMk[/media]

eddiec

I do love the sound of the c turbo, and always will. However, when mine went out in december, the only turbo I could find that day that was close by was a new waste gate, and you could not believe the power difference. I do miss the whistle, but the considerable performance difference makes it worth while for now.

DEUCEBIGALOW

I do love the sound of the c turbo, and always will. However, when mine went out in december, the only turbo I could find that day that was close by was a new waste gate, and you could not believe the power difference. I do miss the whistle, but the considerable performance difference makes it worth while for now.
Tell memore about this hp gain and which turbo you are speaking of