• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C turbo D turbo

Seth_O

I do love the sound of the c turbo, and always will. However, when mine went out in december, the only turbo I could find that day that was close by was a new waste gate, and you could not believe the power difference. I do miss the whistle, but the considerable performance difference makes it worth while for now.
Write-up on this? I'd love to know more. I have a C turbo and would love to swap for a D, or one of these mythical wastegated turbo's ;-)

Marlboro

I love both turbo's... I've had trucks with both and have enjoyed the bark of the D and the whistle of the C. Currently i have a D and would like to buy a truck with the C so I have both :drool:

eddiec

It is the turbo made for the 5 ton. I will post pics this weekend. I don't know the numbers on the horse power gain, but it feels like twice the power gain of turboing a non turbo engine. On that note, my m35a2 did smoke quite a bit, black smoke, when you were getting into it, there is very very little smoke now, so I believe that I can turn the fuel up a bit. I will not turn it up until I install a pyro this year it also did not hurt that the gentleman GAVE me the turbo for free since he did not need it.

yak50pilot

Its a very crude vid but it gives you a lil taste. the screem is dround out under cruise load but is pronounces under partial and decell.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MOe0M2KMk[/media]
Dang! I could hear that..... over all of the back ground noise.

Jinx

My deuce has the older LDT 427 turbo. Not a C or a D. Probably has less boost though. It is nice and quiet at lower RPMs and a nice whistle at above 1800 RPMs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have one of the 5ton wastegate turbos at the house waiting to go on. I will try to get a model number this weekend and post up. One thing not mentioned is that it needs a different intake "horn". I believe the horn to be the same one a non-turbo truck uses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks