• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C turbo D turbo

Seth_O

I do love the sound of the c turbo, and always will. However, when mine went out in december, the only turbo I could find that day that was close by was a new waste gate, and you could not believe the power difference. I do miss the whistle, but the considerable performance difference makes it worth while for now.
Write-up on this? I'd love to know more. I have a C turbo and would love to swap for a D, or one of these mythical wastegated turbo's ;-)

Marlboro

I love both turbo's... I've had trucks with both and have enjoyed the bark of the D and the whistle of the C. Currently i have a D and would like to buy a truck with the C so I have both :drool:

eddiec

It is the turbo made for the 5 ton. I will post pics this weekend. I don't know the numbers on the horse power gain, but it feels like twice the power gain of turboing a non turbo engine. On that note, my m35a2 did smoke quite a bit, black smoke, when you were getting into it, there is very very little smoke now, so I believe that I can turn the fuel up a bit. I will not turn it up until I install a pyro this year it also did not hurt that the gentleman GAVE me the turbo for free since he did not need it.

yak50pilot

Its a very crude vid but it gives you a lil taste. the screem is dround out under cruise load but is pronounces under partial and decell.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MOe0M2KMk[/media]
Dang! I could hear that..... over all of the back ground noise.

Jinx

My deuce has the older LDT 427 turbo. Not a C or a D. Probably has less boost though. It is nice and quiet at lower RPMs and a nice whistle at above 1800 RPMs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have one of the 5ton wastegate turbos at the house waiting to go on. I will try to get a model number this weekend and post up. One thing not mentioned is that it needs a different intake "horn". I believe the horn to be the same one a non-turbo truck uses.