• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C Turbo

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I mentioned Ken because when he rebuilds them he gets you flow charts and other cool things I am not smart enough to comprehend.

jwaller

Re: RE: C Turbo

houdel said:
jwaller said:
I can also rebuild and upgrade them with larger more efficient compressor wheels.
So does that mean more boost?
no. it means more efficient boost. as in cooler discharge temps.

more fuel = more boost. but the good thing about the upgraded turbo is you can run more fuel without getting the high egt bc the turbos making cooler air.

cooler in = cooler out.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can rebuild you one i have here. A new one is avalable but ain't cheep. You can modify a C for more air flow. And it reallt helps the temps. There is a difference in CFM but you will see very little PSI change. You will notice that it will spool up quicker and give you more power at lower engine RPM"s And it will reduce black smoke along with reducing EGT's.

SuperJoe

just a quick question. what do used non rebuilt C turbos go for? as in a straight take off. also the same question about D style

houdel

SuperJoe said:
just a quick question. what do used non rebuilt C turbos go for? as in a straight take off. also the same question about D style
They seem to go in the $100-$150 range for take-offs, IMHO.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I sold my almost new D turbo last summer in perfect condition for right around $100 on Ebay. Ken or Jwaller, do you guys have any modifications for a D turbo to get better air flow?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dj, yes i can do the same mods to the "D" also. In stock form a "d" will move more air on the flow bench than a "C" will. I also polish and remove rough edges from the elbow at the intake manafold. The main reason is to remove turbulance. This will help keep the air cooler and let more in.