• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab leaking

walkerbzz11

Can anyone help me stop the water from coming in my cab? It seems to drip down the corners on each side from the firewall and then puddles up in the floorboards. Thanks.

walkerbzz11

Windshield gasket?
Hey! Wow. Im new so this is cool to me. Yea. Brand new windshield and gasket. Twice. As soon as I bought this truck in September 2022, I took it to have the windshield replaced. Then six months ago had to do it again because a storm blew a big limb down and broke it again.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey! Wow. Im new so this is cool to me. Yea. Brand new windshield and gasket. Twice. As soon as I bought this truck in September 2022, I took it to have the windshield replaced. Then six months ago had to do it again because a storm blew a big limb down and broke it again.
Ok! Well probably can rule that out. The next thing I would look at is to check all the grommets and seals on the firewall up under the dash and also check out and clean all of the cowling area - I've seen where vehicles can get pine needles and other debris build-up in the cowl area where air is routed to the HVAC system and this can clog up the drains in the baffles that separate the water from the air.

walkerbzz11

Ok! Well probably can rule that out. The next thing I would look at is to check all the grommets and seals on the firewall up under the dash and also check out and clean all of the cowling area - I've seen where vehicles can get pine needles and other debris build-up in the cowl area where air is routed to the HVAC system and this can clog up the drains in the baffles that separate the water from the air.
Ok. I'll get on it asap. Thanks.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did it leak when you first got it?

walkerbzz11

On 40-year-old vehicles it would be a great idea to remove the windshield and windshield seal and take a close look at the pinch weld. These pictures were taken 9 years ago from an M1009 I worked on. CUCV head gasket / head/ or change engine survey | Page 5 | SteelSoldiers
Rust NEVER sleeps. Good Luck.
I appreciate the info and will keep it in mind but as mentioned before I've had the windshield changed twice in this year and a half I've owned it. The owner of the glass repair business said it's absolutely not leaking around the glass or gasket. I trust his word. I think my next step would be what the General said and try to find these grommets and seals in the cowl area. Thanks.

walkerbzz11

I appreciate the info and will keep it in mind but as mentioned before I've had the windshield changed twice in this year and a half I've owned it. The owner of the glass repair business said it's absolutely not leaking around the glass or gasket. I trust his word. I think my next step would be what the General said and try to find these grommets and seals in the cowl area. Thanks.
Well. I've removed the wipers and cowl and cleaned all that up. It was junked up in there. Mighty large eat nest and who knows how many years of dirt but my water hose says that ain't it. Still getting water in the cab. Where are these grommets and seals please?

nyoffroad

Your using a hose to find the leak, start at the bottom and work your way up, You can use duct tape to rule out things like the windshield and door seals ectra.

walkerbzz11

Your using a hose to find the leak, start at the bottom and work your way up, You can use duct tape to rule out things like the windshield and door seals ectra.
I used a hose to wash all the soil out of the cowl area then thought I'd peak inside and of course saw a small stream of water coming down each corner. Getting dark now. I gotta take the heater out anyway as well sometime. I'll get it. Just ain't dug deep enough yet. Thanks.

walkerbzz11

Rust is a possibility. The seam sealer is also very dry and brittle. Finding a water leak on a internet thread is going to an endless mission. These trucks are 40 years old and have been kicked, drilled, modified and beat since day 1.
Ok. I'm not sure the windshield area is the problem after letting water down in the cowl area to clean it out. Water came in during that process so I'm thinking that ain't it but Im calling my windshield man today. Thanks.

walkerbzz11

My rubber mat is junky anyways. Probably needs to go.
Well, you and me are both right. The floor board vents are leaking but both bottom corners of the windshield are wet. I've called my windshield man and gonna take it back to him and I guess get some kinda of sealant to put around the floor vents.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks