• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab load sensor valve rebuildable ?

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
might be all metric. Apparently 3/6th allen is 5mm metric. curious if the threads are metric.

So not to assume.... since you had both metric and sae boxes.... you then compared rings from both boxes and found the metric to be closest match?
compared the blue and red to the "original" o rings...which may have been what ?...25 years old since the truck is a 1995.... I also test fitted the replaced o rings as well...bottom line..it's not leaking anymore and aside from a positive learning experience, I could not care less if the leveling system works or not...

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's actually important, because it keeps the airbags filled to the proper level.
I agree... and of course the airbags are leaking as well..but that's a $1k fix..ouch

which is prompting me to see how other cab suspension systems work on other trucks...minus the air aspect... a simple shock/coil spring may be a better solution .

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will take a while to get all the kinks worked out. Once you do though, it will be nice.
....once the rear cab suspension is made "livable" finding a reasonable solution to the $300 upper/lower cab bushings will be next...I read somewhere that hockey pucks or boat trailer rollers are being substituted ????.....and of course my cab bushings are a distant memory.....passenger side is very accessible, drivers side looks like a nightmare...

But most importantly is the realization that this truck is an abused ex army truck and it will never be a comfortable "ride"...... besides, all the creaks , rattles and other crudities add to it's "charm"...

Last edited:

coachgeo

I agree... and of course the airbags are leaking as well..but that's a $1k fix..ouch

which is prompting me to see how other cab suspension systems work on other trucks...minus the air aspect... a simple shock/coil spring may be a better solution .
Ive talked to Steyr guys (same cab on the 12M18 steyr) ... that one uses shocks and coil as you propose. They hate them. They want our air ride.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a reasonable solution to the $300 upper/lower cab bushings will be next...I read somewhere that hockey pucks or boat trailer rollers are being substituted ????.....and of course my cab bushings are a distant memory.....passenger side is very accessible, drivers side looks like a nightmare...
Cab bushings...drill + holesaw...viola! Should be OK through temperature extremes, because, well, they are all-season radials ;)

Cut out several, stack 'em how you like.

cab bushings.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cab bushings...drill + holesaw...viola! Should be OK through temperature extremes, because, well, they are all-season radials ;)

Cut out several, stack 'em how you like.

View attachment 847214
Logic says that material is plenty tough enough... It will take several pieces on each side to be thick enough to match the "factory" height. Strangely enough the drivers side is easy if you have a set of winch fairleads to contend with. I've heard about hockey pucks too but they are a little too stiff and tend to break up. I can't speak to boat trailer rollers, but that sleeve inside one of those rollers might be too small for the cab bolt.

Thing is, you will be completely amazed how much better the truck rides by just replacing those two front "biscuits".
Don't get your hopes up too high...
Just the difference between a truck with 4 square wheels when compared to two squares. :cool:

ramdough

[mention]Awesomeness [/mention] is planning to make some cab bushings at some time. Maybe with enough demand, he may make it a higher priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

[mention]Awesomeness [/mention] is planning to make some cab bushings at some time. Maybe with enough demand, he may make it a higher priority.

for those not aware...... a little trick...... put the {at} sign and start typing a user name.... and it will pop up to select AND once you complete the post.. it sends a notice to the user

"@"Awsomeness" without quotes = @Awesomeness

Last edited:

ramdough

for those not aware...... a little trick...... put the {at} sign and start typing a user name.... and it will pop up to select AND once you complete the post.. it sends a notice to the user

"@"Awsomeness" without quotes = @Awesomeness
I am using Tapatalk and that is how it looks when you tag someone in. [mention]coachgeo [/mention] is how I tagged you in, but some times the @ is not there and it still acts like a hyperlink.

coachgeo

I am using Tapatalk and that is how it looks when you tag someone in. [mention]coachgeo [/mention] is how I tagged you in, but some times the @ is not there and it still acts like a hyperlink.

ahhhhh..... so it is Tapatalk that does that. Go figure.

Good reason not to use tapatalk..... the [mention] thing does not work. It does nothing on many discussion boards including here. No hyperlink shows up here on SS, no notifications, no highlight of name.... nothing.

That and if you post any pics via tapatalk they actually do NOT get put onto the discussion board's server your interacting with..... they are stored on tapatalk servers and only tags link them to the post you wrote to be loaded to the discussion board. Like all other pic host services that have existed in the past many decades.... odds are they will go bust and just die leaving tons of discussions worthless as the pic tags that they reach back to;' is to a pic host server that no longer exist.... and/or they become pay for play (like photobucket did) and that creates same result.... dead pics inside post on the discussion boards you are/were attempting to help folk thru.

everyone is better off if your using a device....... use a browser and click on "web view" or "desktop site" or similar and operate as if your on a desktop. might have to refresh after clicking to use desktop to get out of M. (mobile) mode . You can tell if your in mobile mode when the url has an added "m." in front of the website url. Myself I usually do the above.... then edit the url to remove the "m." do a refresh to make sure it went into desktop mode with NO "M" in url... then bookmark the site without the "m." . Using the saved bookmark will often take you straight to the site in desktop mode.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Good reason not to use tapatalk..... the [mention] thing does not work. It does nothing on many discussion boards including here. No hyperlink shows up here on SS, no notifications, no highlight of name.... nothing.

That and if you post any pics via tapatalk they actually do NOT get put onto the discussion board's server your interacting with..... they are stored on tapatalk servers and only tags link them to the post you wrote to be loaded to the discussion board. Like all other pic host services that have existed in the past many decades.... odds are they will go bust and just die leaving tons of discussions worthless as the tags that reach back; to a pic host server that no longer exist.... and/or they become pay for play (like photobucket did) and that creates same result.... dead pics inside post on the discussion boards you are/were attempting to help folk thru.

everyone is better off if your using a device....... use a browser and click on "web view" or "desktop site" or similar and operate as if your on a desktop. might have to refresh after clicking to use desktop to get out of M. (mobile) mode . You can tell if your in mobile mode when the url has an added "m." in front of the website url. Myself I usually do the above.... then edit the url to remove the "m." do a refresh to make sure it went into desktop mode with NO "M" in url... then bookmark the site without the "m." . Using the saved bookmark will often take you straight to the site in desktop mode.
Without me stirring the pot - Nicely said coachgeo !

This is a lot like samsung and their picture storing and backup software that is disappearing.
My solution for that stupidity was to build and install my own NAS that I can connect to for that purpose.

ramdough

That and if you post any pics via tapatalk they actually do NOT get put onto the discussion board's server your interacting with..... they are stored on tapatalk servers and only tags link them to the post you wrote to be loaded to the discussion board. Like all other pic host services that have existed in the past many decades.... odds are they will go bust and just die leaving tons of discussions worthless as the pic tags that they reach back to;' is to a pic host server that no longer exist.... and/or they become pay for play (like photobucket did) and that creates same result.... dead pics inside post on the discussion boards you are/were attempting to help folk thru.

I always post pictures in web view…. Tagging people in used to work, but I guess Tapatalk had to do their thing and make things worse.

coachgeo

I always post pictures in web view…. Tagging people in used to work, but I guess Tapatalk had to do their thing and make things worse.

glad you wisely post pics to here more directly. Then your going about it about right way.. sorry for jumping on soap box:soapbox:
It is rare folk wisely use tapatalk. It can work ok for fast posting of textual stuff only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks