• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cable driven tach

k20

I recently aquired several rebuilt 6.2's. One of them has, in place of where the vacuum pump is on my cucv, a 'device' with what appears to be a place to screw a speedometer cable to the top. I can only assume this is for a cable driven tach. Am I correct in this assumption, and what type of tach should I be looking for for my 6.2?

Im not looking for any kind of historical accuracy, etc, as this truck is strictly offroad and I am just wanting to have a warning so I do not over rev the engine. Also does anyone know what 'ratio' tach I should be looking for. I was doing some searching and found some tach's with a 1:2 ratio, 2:1. 4:1. etc.

k20

This is what is in the back of the engine that looks like a tach drive, am I correct? And yes I know my dig camera sucks, its about 10yrs old, just cant afford a new one.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could this be where the tach adapter for the STE/ICE connects to?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks