• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cable driven tach

k20

I recently aquired several rebuilt 6.2's. One of them has, in place of where the vacuum pump is on my cucv, a 'device' with what appears to be a place to screw a speedometer cable to the top. I can only assume this is for a cable driven tach. Am I correct in this assumption, and what type of tach should I be looking for for my 6.2?

Im not looking for any kind of historical accuracy, etc, as this truck is strictly offroad and I am just wanting to have a warning so I do not over rev the engine. Also does anyone know what 'ratio' tach I should be looking for. I was doing some searching and found some tach's with a 1:2 ratio, 2:1. 4:1. etc.

k20

This is what is in the back of the engine that looks like a tach drive, am I correct? And yes I know my dig camera sucks, its about 10yrs old, just cant afford a new one.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could this be where the tach adapter for the STE/ICE connects to?

Last edited: