• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caiman mrap aluminum rims

tobyS

I think those wheels are for the dual wheels.
Yes they are. I want a set + 12.00's. I read Caimen is a style of vehicle with the V bottom but (per post) the dual wheels are "Max-Pro". I think they come on the International version. Note they are hub centric and have a straight 1" hole, not bolt centered like the Caimen singles....so change of stud to 1" is mandatory for "centering", especially on the outer (correct me if there is another way).

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think those wheels are for the dual wheels.
They are but they will fit fine. I have a logger customer with a 1088 that wants to dual up 395s on the rear of it for better flotation and offroad use. It can be done on a 939 series truck. Why not an FMTV

Or dual 1200s on the rear of a truck with 395s up front. Especially on campers it would help with stability.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

tobyS

"help with stability" ....or dump trucks or anything with a heavy load.

But note the hub centric and 1" straight holes (dual Max-Pro) as compared to the larger chamfered holes (Caimen singles) for bolt centric mounting.

dronsen

"help with stability" ....or dump trucks or anything with a heavy load.

But note the hub centric and 1" straight holes (dual Max-Pro) as compared to the larger chamfered holes (Caimen singles) for bolt centric mounting.
We have access to several hundred of these...as well as new orings and valves... I didn't think there was a market... I can post pix later

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tobyS

I wish you were not so far. If there are some out west, there should be some further east. Do you know of any in the east or midwest?

tobyS

A guy a few hours north of me in Central Texas has some. There are also numbers of them on the auction site.
Must have missed them, do you mean GL?

Do you have a link to a past auction, we are apparently not to make a public post of a current one? Or PM me, please.

coachgeo

what are those? I'de like to spend money on rims with some slightly different spacing so can go to taller tires. Since will need new tires anyway.... and taller gives little better overall ratio; Just seems more logical. At least when compared to getting new ratio in axles..... where you still will have to get new tires too at some point thus adding $$$ to total output by a lot.

Last edited:

tobyS

what are those? I'de like to spend money on rims with some slightly different spacing so can go to taller tires..... will need new tires anyway.... and taller gives little better overall ratio. Just seems more logical compared to getting new ratio in axles..... where you still will have to get new tires too at some point.
Caution....confirm the bolt circle, these appear to be 13.29".

Re stability...my 14.00 were not near as stable with a load as the shorter 395/80r20. Taller does not mean better, per se.

tobyS

FMTV are you sure they are 365/80 or are they 365/85?

The rims you commented on are 11.25 bolt circle. Since what you posted is a 13.29, you would be comparing two very different rims for it's sales potential. I'll take it you don't have the dual wheels with the 11.25 bc...you have what you posted, which is not the same.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
scottmandu-

That's what we assumed, so thought there was no market...we do have hundreds of brand new GoodYear MV/T 365/80R20 tires though!!

Thanks!
Goodyear does not make a 365 80 or 85 in MVT. Only in a G275 do they make a 365.

Apparently if you are going to advertise about the trucks make sure you know what tire fits it. As well as doesnt make an LMTV slower.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks