• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California Central Coast Beach Run

Ok, while it is fresh in mind. Anyone want to do a run to Oceano OHV (AKA...Pismo Dunes), Pismo Beach, California....

Here is some teaser pics from Sept. 08:

Attachments

Last edited:
This is how I see it: I can go almost anytime with a little notice. You guys can get together a date but I will notify if I plan on going for a weekend before anyhow.

Beach is more fun to me in winter months even though its colder. There is a lot less people which makes it more enjoyable. As the rain comes, the creek crossing becomes an entertainment asset and I spend much time in the winter watching people cross the hazard. Currently, there is no creek to cross.

The story: Not much wheelin unless you got a vehicle you want to run around the dunes. Lots of entertainment watching others. Running the duece in the dunes looks like it could be fun, but you wont see mine hill climbing with the shelter. If your camping in it, it may not be what you want to do anyhow. I have 2 m101 condos that can be used for base camps if you want to run your vehicles around the dunes.

The itinery would be somethng like hangout, bonfire, eat, sleep repeat for the most part. Not quite as many things to do (on the dunes) as So Cal Desert but fun anyhow. We could plan a night at "OLD JUANS" or something...100 dollarman should know of this. Or we could convoy to many of the great steak houses local to the area.
Beach camping is fun but does require a pretty thourough cleanup after to keep the rust issues down. WD40 your trucks before you come. I always rinse any of my vehicles off soon after leaving the beach.

You guys can coordinate the date to convoy up. Winter weather really has not set in yet in this area, it is really nice right now.

I will probably go many times before you(unless you get off your arses :shock: and come sooner). For this, I will include lots of picts to keep your interest!!!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reminds me of Glamis. I haven't been to Pismo in 25 years! No rocks to chew up tires....I hate changing tires!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Beach Trips

Money is going to be tight the rest of the year until wifey goes back work in January. I am starting to kick around a trip to Gorman to test out my new M1030, that is a nice close cheap trip. I dont see being able to make a Pismo trip with the family and motorhome until spring but could probably go with 1 or 2 kids sometime in November or December.

RE: Beach Trips

That works for me, Gorman too, make sure you let me know when you do that run. Beach in November or Dec, probably good still, I will keep you informed as to the weather. It is supposed to be real nice this weekend but I cant go for a couple weeks as my wife is haveing a medical procedure done this week. Next week is a definate possibility. Haloween weekend or the one after. Let me know when you think you might want to come.

rwright07

I would love to meet you whichever of you guys who can make it out to Oceano. I live in SLO and am at CalPoly, so almost any weekend people can go, i will be there. I am seriously contemplating a M35a2/M109 and would love seeing them in action and learning hands on rather than simply reading online.

Nathan- let me know whenever you are planning a run, i would love to see your truck and the how the housecar conversion
i will bring my diesel powered k5 and they guys i live with to get them energized about getting a deuce.

Last edited:

rwright07

cool, my roommate and i will plan on being out there this weekend too... how long are you planning on staying out on saturday?

i look forward to seeing your new housecar in person

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks