• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California MVCC Tower Park / Camp Delta

Major Asstyrd

Major, my wife owns a Dingo, Ferret and Fox (the larger successor to the Ferret) and she wanted to bring the Fox. Why the desire for the Ferret?
Well, we heard you were planning to bring the Fox, which is fantastic because most of us have never seen one, so we think we need to have a Ferret too because SOMEBODY has to feel inadequate! ;-)

This request is really a hedge against the usual suspects not bringing their Ferret(s). One is supporting the big jeep display and we don't know if he will bring his Ferret. Another one has been sold out of the area recently. We'll likely have a Dingo, my M20, a Scout Car or two and a modern MRAP truck is likely. Just trying to get a variety and your Fox will be a real treat!

John

DanMartin

I'll be coming down from PDX that Thursday (all day). Not taking any MVs (too far to drive the deuce!) but will have plenty of space to haul stuff there/back if anyone wants to caravan.

I'll be in spots 113 and 114 if anyone wants to swing by...

JDToumanian

I tried to access your convoy page and it wouldn't open for me
Hmm, I don't know how that link got corrupted, but here it is.....

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/47681-2010-west-coast-convoy-camp-delta.html

....Or we can co-ordinate here on this thread.

I suppose the co-ordinator for our convoy is "me", but my deuce's transmission failed and I'm scrambling to get a new one and get it installed in time, and my friend Jim (TheRecorder) is still "making oil" after replacing his hydraulic head o-rings and booster pump. His truck has no FDC, so it looks like we're going to replace his entire IP pump. I should be able to get it all done, but between that and my regular job I haven't had much time to organize.

I think it would be great to go from Sunday to Sunday but that's not gonna happen for us this year.... We're going to head up early Wednesday the 21st and come back Saturday afternoon the 24th.

Jon

Major Asstyrd

I'll be coming down from PDX that Thursday (all day). Not taking any MVs (too far to drive the deuce!) but will have plenty of space to haul stuff there/back if anyone wants to caravan.

I'll be in spots 113 and 114 if anyone wants to swing by...
Hmmm... can you fit a M718 muttbulance jeep in the deuce? We're trying to locate the guy who brought one to the big M151 display we had a couple years ago. Supposedly from Oregon. We have no idea who, where, if he trailers it, etc. but we'd like one for the Jeep Evolution display. Just thinking out loud.

Major Asstyrd

Wasn't that Mutt ambulance Carl Barredo's? He has brought it several times.
There was Carl's and another one. Carl is bringing his M825 for the jeep display and may not bring his 718. He's one of those guys that owns a bunch of things we need because we're also doing a wheeled armored car lineup and he's one of the few Ferret guys active right now.