• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Call me crazy, I want it louder

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makke it right hand steer, sitting right next to the exhaust will help dissolve your hearing. If thats too much work just run the stack up between the seats and remove the top. The pipe will double as a radiant heater.

scooter01922

Maybe this is a stupid question. Have you spent much time driving a deuce??? They can be plenty loud as is. Want that noisy grand entrance to the local hangout??? Just drop her in low range, first gear and cruise along at walking speed and about 2400 on the tach and people WILL know you have arrived. In a truck where hearing protection is a requirement when stock i can't really fathom making it louder. But thats just me. Whatever you do be sure to post pics, vid would be even better.

Josh

well ive put about 2200 miles on it since i got it 4 weeks ago, mostly city, with a few 100+ trips on the freeway. if i wana cruise with the windows down i normally pop in hearing plugs, with the windows up doesnt seem bad to me at all. i think ill just start with a whistler and work from there.

randyscycle

Just keep one thing in mind. You may like the "noisier the better" idea, but that may not be the case with the guy sitting in the Prius next to you, your neighbor, or the local busybody who can't stand to see anything outside his/her comfort zone.

Just be sure to try not to do anything that may reflect poorly on the MV hobby.

wsucougarx

Well whatever method you use be sure it is adaptable to become louder as your hearing will deafen;-) Not sure what you're going to do when you're deaf...maybe hum really loud to pickup the vibrations:wink:

emr

The Baseball cards in the spokes, is the all time GREATEST reply to me also...That was funny, so this post is awesome too ! i am always amazed at why anyone would want a quiet deuce????? That is not what a deuce is...But thats just me, Low in low and 2200 rpm does it for me.... I also like the short stack thru the hood, having it directly in front of a windshield would do the trick, as just moving it behind the cab makes it quieter in the cab, putting it MORE in front must make it louder,,,,,makeing it taller makes it quieter in the cab so cutting it shorter works to make it louder and I have done that to my 800 for 6 wheelin to keep it short and it is definitely louder in that truck that way.And That would be one BIG Base speaker if U wanted to fill the bed, with a boom box, maybe a 109 filled with speakers?, the Jets duecs and 5 ton seen in another thread had a full DJ set up and packed with huge speakers for the jets games...maybe he is selling thopse tool.....But that would be noise from an utside source, but it could be an amplified engine noise....loud good...

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I built my bob deuce I took two Marine HUMVEE fording exhaust pipes and made a set of stacks.....not any louder but a much mellower tone.
Having put over 50,000 miles on a deuce in Germany in the 70's (hearing protection not required for vehicles or at the rifle range) I now suffer from high frequency hearing loss in both ears.
Everytime I hear some drooling moron riding around in a portable noise violation I am comforted by the fact that at some point in his miserable life he will be saying "HUH" to everything said to him.
Loud music is a pathetic attempt by some dumass loser to call attention to a wasted life.

When I built my bob deuce I took two Marine HUMVEE fording exhaust pipes and made a set of stacks.....not any louder but a much mellower tone.
Having put over 50,000 miles on a deuce in Germany in the 70's (hearing protection not required for vehicles or at the rifle range) I now suffer from high frequency hearing loss in both ears.
Everytime I hear some drooling moron riding around in a portable noise violation I am comforted by the fact that at some point in his miserable life he will be saying "HUH" to everything said to him.
Loud music is a pathetic attempt by some dumass loser to call attention to a wasted life.
OK, I'm calling this one. Didn't you spend the day blowing stuff up?

Josh

A) Wants a louder Deuce.
B) Name is Josh.
3) Doesn't know what Zoomies are.

My best guess is you were not born before 1985.

1987 to be exact,

i was just exploring the options. i love the way this truck sounds, i just want to share it with the rest of the world,(heh) but i think for starters ill just slap a whistler turbo on there and see how it goes.

and for those who are wondering, anywhere i go that requires me to go over 40, i always were hearing protection or at least roll the passenger window up at the very minimum.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
OK, I'm calling this one. Didn't you spend the day blowing stuff up?
As FT said we were out in the boonies at an abandoned chert pit.

The morons I was refering too drive around inflicting their music (and I use the term loosely) on people who don't want to hear it. They drive by churches, hospitals, funerals with no regard for the rights of other people to peace and quiet.

I always flip them off when they pass me.....if they want to get in my face over it they do so at their own peril, I'm just expressing my opinion of their unacceptable behavior. Too bad their mommas never beat any respect into them.

As Fred Sanford used to say......."life is hard....but it's really hard when you're stupid".

Last edited:

strosfla

Amen brother !!!! Permission to put your Drooling Moron....wasted life observation on a Tshirt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks