• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Call me crazy, I want it louder

randyscycle

After years of unmuffled motorcycles, equipment and vehicles, I too have lost a significant portion of my hearing. It may not seem to be that big of a deal now, but you will regret it later.

And as for all the people around you, those are the ones who may not appreicate the racket. A singing whistler sounds like music to me. The folks trying to sleep in town after working the 12 hour night shift for 7 days straight may not think so. This is why nearly every small town here in VA has a big sign at the town limits : "NO JAKE BRAKES"

I used to live on a public lake for a while. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, it was nearly impossible to watch TV, or read in peace and quiet from the boat traffic. The muted outboards were OK, but the guys who ditched the waterboxes on their watercraft, or ran the open headers on the jet boats and enjoyed full-throttle sessions across the lake, really stood out. Eventually, those open header boats, along with ALL watercraft were banned from that particular lake. Folks who did abide by the law, still were no longer allowed to jet ski there because a few ruined it for everybody. The sad part was, that very few of the offenders even lived at the lake.

Josh

i was hoping people would realize that comment was ment to be sarcastic. but i didnt make that clear enough i suppose.

i didnt really expect this topic to go crazy like this, in all honesty there was alot of threads about people sticking mufflers and how to quiet up a deuce, so i toss out the idea, what about those people who want it louder, but it sorta went outa control and for that i appologize.

dieselsmokem35a2

I put a 5" stack on mine and it didn't really change anything, just looks better in my opinion

that is probably the funniest thing ive read today.

i dont really know why i like loud things, but i cut the muffler off a 67 camaro with a 383 stroker, made it not run as well, but it sounded much cooler.

personal preferance, i was thinking about uping it to a 6in pipe right after it comes outa the fender but i was curious to see if anyone has done this to see if it really makes much of a difference

Edit - How much does a whistler turbo normally run?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks