• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Delta/Tower Park April

Eric's hifim37

Jon is right, don't feel you have to drive up in a military vehicle to attend Tower. If you are a military vehicle enthusiast or a veteran and would like to see American military vehicle history in action this is the place to be. Friday the 22nd would be the best day to attend and it is free admission !

Us "hardcore" people drive our stuff up there for the "kick of it" the slow pace gives me time to think and remember when I was little playing with my plasiic army men & trucks and the surreal part is I am actually driving one now but it equates the same as I can say I never out grew my military vehicles and now I collect the real stuff and lov'in it !

Eric..

pat038536

*If* the EUC clears.. and I get it roadworthy in time.. I can drive mine down to Lodi.

For those not from the area.. State Highway 12 is double nickle, double fine zone from South Hutchins in Lodi to Fairfield. CHP patrols blood alley pretty heavy.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like ALL spaces from cabins to tents are booked solid. Anyone out there got extra room for a deuce, a mule and a 741 Indian??? I need a place to crash.

TheRecorder

Jon is right, don't feel you have to drive up in a military vehicle to attend Tower. If you are a military vehicle enthusiast or a veteran and would like to see American military vehicle history in action this is the place to be. Friday the 22nd would be the best day to attend and it is free admission !

Us "hardcore" people drive our stuff up there for the "kick of it" the slow pace gives me time to think and remember when I was little playing with my plasiic army men & trucks and the surreal part is I am actually driving one now but it equates the same as I can say I never out grew my military vehicles and now I collect the real stuff and lov'in it !

Eric..

HARDCORE !!! [thumbzup]
The drive part reminds me when I drove a Deuce in the Army in the early 80's
See Album.

We should/will have radio comm on the point and at the rear of the convoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

papakb

bigmike,

The Tower Park April meet has reached overflow status and from now on the best way to get a space is to contact JoAnn and get your name on the wait list. We do get cancellations right up to the last minute (Saturday 4/16) that can free up spaces that we will do our best to get people into. You can reach her at (408) 238-8277.

We're encouraging people to double up but with your vehicle load out you really should have a space.

Kurt Lesser

BLK HMMWV

Cucvfreek
I can tell your more Dirtbag material from that question.
I know I am.

That being said and to try and bring this thread back to were it belongs.
When at Tower Park or at any other event.
Remember it's your truck. Hence you have the right to make it what ever you want. True like in everything your going to run into a few purist's and snobs but the chances are they probably trailered thier truck to the event and won't let anyone touch it or climb on it.

Military vehicals were only new for one day just like everything else.
I don't remember seeing to many of them with out a few scratches and dings and dents in them.
The variations came about to fit a special need or role and most of the modern stuff was modified in theater to fit a mission requirement or to add additional safety for it's crew.

The best thing you can do is keep it safe to drive, drive safe and , remember to carry yourself in such a manor when your driving it as to not disrespect the men and women of all branches of are armed forces who relied on the various vehicals to insure or freedom to own them.

Have fun werever you decide to go.

BH/CC

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, sorry about that, I thought you were just kidding around. I don't know a whole lot of people
who have unmodified trucks. I hope you are coming to TP. Look for an old geezer in a M1008
that doesn't walk so good anymore. I'll probably be there Thur,Fri, Sat and leave Sun morning.
And yes, there are 35 in tires on it and a mount for a tire hoist in the rear driverside of the bed.
Bruce

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bigmike,

The Tower Park April meet has reached overflow status and from now on the best way to get a space is to contact JoAnn and get your name on the wait list. We do get cancellations right up to the last minute (Saturday 4/16) that can free up spaces that we will do our best to get people into. You can reach her at (408) 238-8277.

We're encouraging people to double up but with your vehicle load out you really should have a space.

Kurt Lesser
thanks for the info. I'm already on JoAnn's list.:(

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what's the worst case situation if you show up with no space? Is there a safe place to park?

mutt_kahuna

Camp Delta

Yes,there's lots of parking...loads of fun shopping all the vendors while on the mule....I didnt have a spot last year and I just loaded the mule with stuff to sell and brought it to the people.
Ill probably do the motel 6 thing in Lodi...anyone interested in keeping costs down..will have extra crash space.......ED

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Instead of a mule can you ridean ATV around? What about sleeping in the rear of the deuce in the parking lot? They kewl with that?