• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Dirtbag IV in So Cal

hole

I know by looking on the calander on the wall its Jan 17th, but the calander in my head says its time to start the discussion/ planning for the spring trip. Now I'm sure some of you might disagree and say its too early, and for those folks I have just one word for you: Christmas. Do we start discussing/ planning the week before Christmas ? No ! We pull Christmas out of the closet, dust it off, and then beat it to death with endless discussion months in advance. Thats what I'm doing, dusting off our beloved " Camp Dirtbag " OK OK , now someone start the beating :hammer:

ems4ty

Let's Go!!!! I'm ready to go when you are. I guess, first and foremost we need to decide the month and then the week. Are we still going to the usual Camp Dirtbag or somewhere else this time? I think the last discussion got somewhat hijacked to Johnson Valley... Either way, I'm game.

-Tyler

Im in, move a bit north...lol!! No Hijack, lets try to work dates where the groups can possibly attend the SoCal and Central Cal Beach trip as well if they like.

So it works for a couple events.

I did like the location we were at in Stoddard, Clean, not many people, etc.

Mohave has a lot of desert and some nice area and is not that much further than Stoddard. Not sure about the WHeeling other than dirt roads though.

Bye the way.....MORE extra large shirts this time...LOL!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinkin' no larges, lotsa xl and a few xxl, xxxl ;-). Johnson Valley is a cool place, but we are limited to scatter guns...if we want to do the lead disposal thing. Dove Springs is cool, mostly flat unless you head east, then only a few trails that can accomodate anything larger than a motorcycle. Not to be a hog or try to influence others, but Stoddard is, IMHO, the most versitile place to go. Several different destinations, grub places close and easy to get to, a variety of trails, sort of central for people from south and north. The weekend of 23-24 May? Wanna try to stretch it to a 3 day? Get there Thursday afternoon, break camp Sunday? The only thing I gotta watch is the days my better half works. She works every other weekend.

ems4ty

Still sounds good with me. Whatever is decided, would need to check with the warden to get a hall pass. Don't think it'll be too much of a problem... Still like Stoddard myself... Just my 2 cents worth.

-Tyler

hole

Stoddard or JV are good with me. I might go crazy waiting til end of May though:shock: Also thats Memorial Day weekend, gonna be alot more people out there

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I can't believe I didn't see that it was Memorial weekend...DOH! Looks like the next weekend good for me, will be the 20-21 of June, or maybe earlier, the 25-26 of April. At least I got the wifies work/no work days right :roll:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'll be happy to go where ever. Congrats on finishing the house Gary. Now you dont have any excuse not to make this trip! The only week that wont work for me is April 5th-11th, I'll be camping at the beach all week long:-D

100dollarman

Gentlemen, anymore date , place ideas? Hundy, you've been awfull quiet over there;-)

Ha- sorry 'bout that! If anyone wants to see what I have going on- I spend about 90% of my forum time at JKOwners.com.

I vote for JV, but it may be a problem slinging lead there. If we just had a few trucks we could probably find a spot to shoot with no problems. But 10 or 15 Deuce and 1/2s are hard to hide and are somewhat of a spectacle!:-D But I could take you guys to some cool places in the MVs that are around there within 1-8 miles from camp.

Stoddard Valey would be my second choice--- its a great place to camp and wheel also! This time, if we camp there, we HAVE to hit Slash X ! We could even camp over on the slash X side of the valley. Where ever you guys want though--- I really dont mind where!

Next order of BUSINESS----
I am camping out at JV Feb 25-27th for the KING of the Hammers race. Here is a link for race info-

http://www.kingofthehammers.com/a/?page_id=274

Its free, and it will be an awesome race to watch! Part rock crawl, part desert race, part rock race! Its gonna be insane!

I will have at least one Deuce out there- maybe more if I can find someone to drive them.

Anyone want to camp out there with us at "the HUNDY Compound" ???

We WILL have the biggest Bon- Fire!!!!!!!

And a side-note----- I think we should try to do a Dumont Dunes MV campout too!

100dollarman

An added thought---- I am going to MV camp at JV the 25th-27 and all are invited.....

But what if I left my junk out there the whole weekend till sunday March 1st and we did the Camp Dirtbag Spring Camp out???

Just a thought------ sound like a plan to anyone???

Last edited:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know if that will work here, it is my daughters b-day . Don't know what' hapnin' yet. I still gotta find out the Playboy date. I don't remember if it is March or May. Too much stuff that I wanna do. I am still checking dates for things on this end.
Hundy. I did not forget the question you had about tires. Gimmie a call

100dollarman

Well, even if we dont do Camp Dirtbag on that weekend--- anyone who wants to come out and camp with us and watch the race and do some wheelin' is more than welcome to come out!!! Fo Sho!:-D

I am trying to figure out the logistics of getting more Deuces out there!

JDToumanian

The 25-26 of April is better than June.... By June, it will likely be hot out there. I would rather stand around a camp fire than cower in the limited shade.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks