• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Dirtbag IV in So Cal

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recognize thia place?
Still hashing out dates with other events, trying to see if I can make everything fit.
The pic with the white stuff was taken Saturday AM.

Attachments

ems4ty

Well, my schedule got booked on April 24th through the 26th. I have a Board of Directors Planning and scheduling conference to attend at the Disneyland Grand Hotel starting Friday Evening and won't be done until Saturday night or Sunday Morning.... Did anyone come up with a date yet????

Tyler

Militoy

Just caught this post - Is the "dirtbag" camp going to be open to all mil vehicles - or is this a Deuce-only event?

It's so close by, I'd be interested in attending - but I wouldn't be able to make it April 7-12 - as I'll be playing salesman for our Scorpion rock-crawlers (and playing on the rocks) in Moab at the Jeep Safari.
http://home.earthlink.net/~militoy/scorp.jpg

I'm also busy Mar 20-22 for a local event, and May 16-17 at El Mirage dry lake for the Land Speed Trials.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No for sure dates yet. I promise...soon, soon! Any thing or anyone is welcome. It the goat in your avatar a runner? That would be cool!

ems4ty

Dude you have to bring the Goat! I have yet to see one up close. Maybe even be a passenger for a bit? Haha... Anyways, your welcome to join the Camp Dirtbag IV get together, whenever it happens.

Talk to you soon!

Tyler

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Miltoy, are you in the Lake LA area? I remember a few years back a goat was stolen out of there and joyriddden out in the desert. It was recovered and reunited with its owner. Would love to take a ride in one.

Militoy

Miltoy, are you in the Lake LA area? I remember a few years back a goat was stolen out of there and joyriddden out in the desert. It was recovered and reunited with its owner. Would love to take a ride in one.
That was my Goat. It made it onto the front page of several newspapers, and into the local (California) evening news. I had it on display lighted up for only one day, for a Christmas picture for our club website (gamagoat.com). A local "tweaker" stole it, and we recovered it the next day - but it took almost 3 years to put it back into the clean condition it started out in. The bozo had driven it around the desert, bulldozing down trees and barbed-wire fences, with the PTO winch engaged - but the winch cable locked up. Incidently - My Goat is temporarily pictured up on the gamagoat.com website right now.

I'd be happy to take you out for a ride at "Camp Dirtbag" - as long as your ears aren't too sensitive to loud noise!

Camp Dirtbag back on the drawing board!?

I have a parade to participate in April 11th or 18th in Riverside, Ca. The organizers are working on the exact date at the moment.

In fact I was going to ask the members of the "Fontana" junk-yardin' crew if they wanted to participate so think of this as a pre invitation to participate. It's free.

It is a parade that recognizes and pays tribute to Vets. I carry the members of the Riverside American Legion Post # 79 in my Deuce. I may even get a few Tuskegee Airmen in it. I met a few last time I did it and the stories they told had me riveted.

There is also a contingent from the March Air Force Base Air Museum. Lots of Old OD Iron is involved. Get's bigger every year. It's a hoot.

I'll post about the parade when I receive the exact date.

Militoy

I have a wedding to go to on Mar 14th, but I would still camp!

Do we have a location confirmed? Same as last year? Or?
Camping in your tuxedo?

Uh - don't want to sound stupid, but exactly where in JV was it held last year? That's a pretty big area - the few times I've gone out there it was to collect meteorites.

100dollarman

Camping in your tuxedo?

Uh - don't want to sound stupid, but exactly where in JV was it held last year? That's a pretty big area - the few times I've gone out there it was to collect meteorites.

Haha! I have to make sure I keep my priorities straight! Camp Dirtbag is only once a year... you can get married anytime!LOL

Last one was actually in Stoddard Valley---- in the triangle between Apple Valley/Lucerne Valley/Barstow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks