• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camping in the back of a 1008

Nacademus

Hello,

I know it seems kind of dumb, but I am curious to know whether or not any of you have camped in the back of your M1008s.

I have a 20ft tarp that I was planning on making a pup tent over the bed of my truck with. It wouldn't have a steep slope, it would be looped out, back up, and down into the bed of the truck to seal out insects. The cab-side of the tarp will be dropped between the bed and cab and fastened to seal that area of water and bugs.

Like this.

The front-I don't quite know what I'll do... maybe get some screen material and let the tarp pverhang creating an awning. Who knows.

Anyone else have any experience with this? I may even just say screw it and buy a one or two man pup tent for $30 and be done with it.

Anyone else have experience?

Last edited:

quickfarms

Look for the french pup tent that has a floor. The shelter half does not have a floor. Civilian tents are to fragile. The vehicle crew tent is a good tent but a little pricey.

Have you thought about putting a civilian shell on the truck? The military uses the metal ones. Paint it to match the truck and use the clamps to secure it so it can be easily removed.

Nacademus

That drawing is fantastic. I also made one a long time ago about how me and Tom Cruise were going to escape the destruction of the earth in December 2012...

This was my email to TomCruise@gmail.com

Dear Tom Cruise,

My buddy Travis and I have been thinking about the end of the world
and the consensus is, we don't want to die. We are going to buy some
land on the moon, and were wondering if you could give us a ride-to
the moon. We feel that you are a genuine and descent fellow and would
find it nearly impossible to ignore our sincerity. We will help you
pack-gratis.

As of right now, we are going to use all the sand from as many
staplers as we can to create the first moon beach. We plan to make
this the number one vacation spot on 12/24/12.

Do you know of a way to get further than the Moon? We believe that
Yellowstone will be at our HEELS!!!! It will bash our Moon property
and yours as well! I'll bring my GPS and we could navigate to the
other side of the Moon.

Hold on I have to fix a printer.

Kevin

PS. Here is our Diagram!

Try not to judge me, folks.

Last edited:

Nacademus

I wish I had kept the cap it came it and just reconditioned it.

I could have knocked the dents out of it and put lexan in the window ports. Maybe covered the whole thing with vinyl.

Dang.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toppers are great. I have a steel topper on mine and camped out of it at the Florida Rally. Works grat. I've done the deuce countless times too. Very roomy but watch that first step.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks