• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone ID this wheel?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Standard 10 lug (FMTV) pattern, aluminum hutchinson. Built in CTIS valve.

View attachment 715503View attachment 715502View attachment 715501
Its off an MRAP. They have some that are identical without a CTIS valve. It simply unbolts and you screw in a valve stem. They are the wheels used for the deuce adapter plates for super singles

Most have 395 XZL tires. Even found them with 14.00s on them with runflats. Its not a standard budd pattern wheel for an LMTV. Metric hub pilot and not stud pilot. 335mm

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have these and they are a budd bolt pattern and nut centered. Not hub centered like an mrap. I plan on machining a special nut to convert the ctis to work once I get my lathe set up. You could use thes rims with the aluminum rim nuts with no ctis, but the one hole should have a bushing pressed in place to fit proper.

expeditionnw

Wes, these CTIS do not unbolt. They are cast part of the wheel.

Also, this pattern is standard budd lmtv pattern, i had it bolted on. The lugs are a tapered hole.

I am familiar with the wheels you are talking about, They are not the same as this one.

expeditionnw

I have these and they are a budd bolt pattern and nut centered. Not hub centered like an mrap. I plan on machining a special nut to convert the ctis to work once I get my lathe set up. You could use thes rims with the aluminum rim nuts with no ctis, but the one hole should have a bushing pressed in place to fit proper.
Any idea what they were used on? Curious what the ctis looked like.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes, these CTIS do not unbolt. They are cast part of the wheel...
Did you try taking the cap bolts out and taping the valves with a hammer? It looks like they have a very heavy coating on them making them appear to be part of the wheel...

expeditionnw

Post 49
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=165523

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Again, no. Look at my photos. These are lmtv pattern, with a built in Ctis regulator.

Did you try taking the cap bolts out and taping the valves with a hammer? It looks like they have a very heavy coating on them making them appear to be part of the wheel...
Jeez. They are part of the wheel. The internal bits of thevalve can be unbolted but the housing is cast in. They are very slick.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes, these CTIS do not unbolt. They are cast part of the wheel.
Jeez. They are part of the wheel. The internal bits of the valve can be unbolted but the housing is cast in. They are very slick.
Nah... of course does the valve housing come off. Why would they have those two socket cap screws, if not...?

See this image. Do as suggested in post #7.

FWIW, this post shows the larger, 10-on-13.2" pattern aluminum Hutchinson wheel, which has its CTIS valve mounted differently, but it still is the very same valve as pictured in post #1

G.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again, no. Look at my photos. These are lmtv pattern, with a built in Ctis regulator.

Jeez. They are part of the wheel. The internal bits of thevalve can be unbolted but the housing is cast in. They are very slick.
Alrighty then... good luck identifying your slick wheels.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I owe you a public apology. You are correct on all counts, the unit was super crusted on there. I apologize and stand humbly corrected!
Hey, don’t sweat it!
Your more of a man than a few others here, to own up to a simple mistake.
You can blame your signature “a million pounds of CARC” for this one!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks