• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I pay to drive a deuce?

squeaky wheel

Hi all,
As indicated by subject line, I'm wondering if there are places one can go to pay to drive a deuce off-road? I've never driven a deuce and I'd like to change that! I've considered buying one, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far just yet. I live in Austin, TX area.

I'm not looking to do any extreme mudding, just mild-mid off-roading to get a feel for what it's like to drive one of the beasts.

Thanks!

squeaky wheel

Come over to the Texas Rally in Bryan 3 weeks from now and you will get a chance. If you can’t make it. The Lone Star MVPA meets every 3rd Wednesday at Camp Mabry. Lots of M35 owners are members. Great group of people too. I’m sure a test drive can be arranged.
Does the rally have any connection to Living History Weekend at Museum of the American G.I.? I am planning on being there for the weekend. Where do I find more information about the Texas Rally that you mention?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do I find more information about the Texas Rally that you mention?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Aboard :D

Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

You have certainly come to the right place to find the extraordinary experience you seek.

Check out the story of our Deuce in my signature block below. Before finding it I had never driven one myself. I was immediately hooked and had contracted the Green Iron Disease upon first sight. by the way, there is no know cure for the disease and the only known relief is to buy another one, and then another and another.... Yes, it's an addiction.

Again, WELCOME ! ! !

John
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA

@M813rc

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Barrman mentioned the Lone Star MVPA meets in the museum on Camp Mabry at 7pm on the third Wednesday each month.
Come in the main gate off 35th Street, show your ID to the security folks and tell them where you are going.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks