• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can someone tell me the tongue weight of an empty m105 trailer???

leeinmemphis

Hey everyone,

I'm picking up a truck/trailer on Friday. The seller had an m105 that he offered to me for a fair price so I chose to purchase it. The trailer has bows, sideboards and a tarp that could probably stand to be replaced. My main question is this: the trailer is missing the front jack assembly and I am trying to figure out how to handle it. When I get it home I plan to unhook it from the truck and am planning on using a hi lift jack to get it off the truck but I'm trying to figure out how heavy the tongue weight is(typically handled by one person?) so I can have something for the tongue to rest on.

leeinmemphis

do you have any idea how much tongue weight would be for one that's empty? I would like to weld up a tongue stand before I go pick it up but don't know how heavy I need to make it.

Thunder in NWOR

For standard M105A2, not loaded: 310 pounds on pintle.
With landing gear assembly removed, its much less.
Without landing gear assembly, I moved mine around on the driveway by myself, (not very far - ha!!!).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, 300 or so pounds sounds about right. Younger I worked out with twice that, now, no way. I use a 4 foot farm jack. A real Hi-Lift jack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks