• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can someone tell me the tongue weight of an empty m105 trailer???

leeinmemphis

Hey everyone,

I'm picking up a truck/trailer on Friday. The seller had an m105 that he offered to me for a fair price so I chose to purchase it. The trailer has bows, sideboards and a tarp that could probably stand to be replaced. My main question is this: the trailer is missing the front jack assembly and I am trying to figure out how to handle it. When I get it home I plan to unhook it from the truck and am planning on using a hi lift jack to get it off the truck but I'm trying to figure out how heavy the tongue weight is(typically handled by one person?) so I can have something for the tongue to rest on.

leeinmemphis

do you have any idea how much tongue weight would be for one that's empty? I would like to weld up a tongue stand before I go pick it up but don't know how heavy I need to make it.

Thunder in NWOR

For standard M105A2, not loaded: 310 pounds on pintle.
With landing gear assembly removed, its much less.
Without landing gear assembly, I moved mine around on the driveway by myself, (not very far - ha!!!).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, 300 or so pounds sounds about right. Younger I worked out with twice that, now, no way. I use a 4 foot farm jack. A real Hi-Lift jack.