• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you find the MV in this photo?

crazyplowboy

Is that Strata Blue I see peaking out of there? If it is and the truck still has any original markings left under all of that greenery please take pictures of the markings and post them up or send me a PM if possible with the pics. I have been searching for months to try to find some pictures of original air force markings so I can begin my restoration project.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ya know what...that burns my ass as bad as flames belt high!!!!

Why do folks do that?:cookoo:
I would almost rather see an MV sold to scrap than see one left to rot away...lonely and unloved.:-(

Bet if ya ask the feller if it is for sale...he will say...naw...I'm gonna fix her up some day.aua

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If I were on the Jury for this case, I'd vote for the DEATH PENALTY for the criminal who did this to that innocent MV:idea:

Your honor...as spokesman for the jury...PB would like to make the following recommendation for punishment to the owner of the as yet unidentifed military vehicle which has obviously been molested, mistreated, unloved and left to die a horrible death by slow strangulation by vines, moss and rust:

The jury recommends the perp:

1.. Be drawn and Quartered
2.. Be shot several times with all kinds of ammo including silver bullets
3.. Be served to a starving Pitt Bull with Aids
4.. Be given a guvment job...and required to actually do sompin!!

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
ya know what...that burns my ass as bad as flames belt high!!!!

Why do folks do that?:cookoo:
I would almost rather see an mv sold to scrap than see one left to rot away...lonely and unloved.:-(

bet if ya ask the feller if it is for sale...he will say...naw...i'm gonna fix her up some day.aua
ditto ! ! !

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Are my eyes deceiving me, that is an M135/211 with a manual tranny?
A common swap back in the day was to use CCKW components (prevalent at the time) and convert the 135/211 series to manual.

colin455

You know. Aside from the truck being neglected... that is really a very interesting picture. I'm not an artist by any means but I really like the colors and the theme of Mother Nature reclaiming everything. I would actually like to get a copy of that shot to print out in larger size and frame it. No pun intended, but that shot really grows on you. I like the bright greens and the contrasting blue of the truck. Wouldn't look as good if it was OD green.
Really cool pic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks