• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian MLVW wheels

charlietango

Canadian MLVW wheels on M35A2C

Arrived today!

cant wait to put them on.

Ordered 7. 6 of them arrived perfect with 90-95% tread as promised.
#7 was zero air pressure, off its bead and half the tread as the others. Emailed the seller asking for an explanation. Cant wait to put them on :mrgreen::mrgreen: said that already.

Thanks to Ed and his ...tractor? something shrunk.

Attachments

Last edited:

m109guy

They are nice tires/rims. We have them on all of our deuces.

As for the one bad tire...if you bought it from who I think you bought it from, expect the answer of "too bad". Unless you send it back to him and pay shipping both ways, don't expect too much. Once it leaves the yard there is no warrenty. Another person had the same experience. Hopefully I am wrong.

Can't wait to see some pictures of them mounted on a truck :D

charlietango

yea he emailed back today

"We are positive we sent very good condition tires. All our tires had air and were holding on the rim.
We always take pictures and serial before delivery. Please send your seven serials for verification.

Regards,"

So yea I dont know what the difference is if I send back a serial number. What does it really prove anyways? Regardless of what that proves it arrived flat and bald compared to the others.
Had it to the tire shop today and they got it filled and they tested it for leaks. We will see if it holds air.

What PSI do you run in those things M109guy? They tagged it at 100 PSI.

m109guy

Yeah sadly the guy is like that. Guess that will be your spare tire. Still good as a spare, but too bad.

We have one tire/rim we bought from him which will not hold air and slowly deflates over a couple days (bad o-ring I think). He said he would replace it, but only if we brought it back (naturally at our cost). He has good prices but don't expect too much else.

We run them at 75-80psi, but the military generally sets them at 75psi for the MLVW (as stated in the maintenance books for the MLVW), which work just fine on a US M35.

Last edited:

mahdey

who is this person, i am interested in this and if the price is right and near me i would go get em. pm me if you prefer.

jesusgatos

Whoa, sorry to hear about that. Did you buy them from these guys? That's pretty ****ty. Nice wheel/tire combo though. I almost went that route, but ended up buying some Firestone T831's and I'm flipping the center-sections in a bunch of old riveted wheels instead. Post some pics when you get them mounted. Isn't there a guy in Ohio that had a bunch of those for sale?

WPNS421

The problem with the combat split rims is the rim has a seal on the rim and if the tire was flat on the truck ther seal is probably damaged and should be changed. Usually heavy truck tire centres have the seals , replace the seal and the tire will remain inflated.
The tires and rims are excellent, excellent traction and the truck turns much better. We converted a M35 and a M109A3 to these single tires and rims. The trucks hold the road very well are go through the snow. At $250 Cdn they are a good buy. The only problem is what do I do with the old NDTs??? I have dealt with these guys for many years and they are not experts, they sell surplus. They purchased 30 trucks, sold 6 (we have 3) and took the remainder apart using a cutting torch, in the yard the Detroit engines and Allison transmission are on the ground not protected from the elements. It's enough to make a SS cry.

charlietango

yea that is the guy Jesus.
He is a good guy. Just doin his job is all. Lets face its this is surplus stuff. and for $250 its a steal still.

if he still has chasis there I want to make a trailer for my M109A3 box...

charlietango

Front installed. I had an extra hour on Friday afternoon to do this. Will tackle the rear starting tomorrow and finishing later in the week. They fill up the wheel wells real nice! I don't like going overboard for size. I like it to look 'stock' military

Attachments

Last edited:

m109guy

Nope no good. Truck looks bad. I will be over tomorrow to take it off your hands as a favor!

:D

Looking good. Can't wait to see the full change over ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks