• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian MLVW wheels

charlietango

echo11(Ron) has them in the states already and from what I see there its a very fair price. reference the same link above with the measurements.
600lbs strapped to a skid wont cost you much continentally.

mine came complete tires and rims on 2 skids (2000lbs) from Quebec to Winnipeg for $230 as an example. some of the other guys down there have shipped them down too, they might have some insight to price from Canada.

Last edited:

odnorth

Where did you guys get your prices for shipping, did you find your own shipper or did the Prefair give you the quote, l want the rims but l have the tires l want, looks like l would have to take tire and wheel package. Wish they would surplus out the trucks on the West Coast soon.

charlietango

they flat out told me it was a pain in their arse to separate the tires from the rims , and be stuck with the tires. In other words they will not sell just the rims.

at $250 each with tires you cant complain though. you basically get the tires free and they are 90% tread.

Prefair sent me the shipping quote. it arrived consolidated fastfrate inc. to my Winnipeg terminal. I had to pick up.

Varyag

For shipping I tend to use my friends with businesses and do the flat rate pallet loads for 50 bucks. Just need to find someone who has a truck, a dock, a forklift and a flat rate deal. We can do anything that will band to a pallet for 50. I have no idea about across borders though.

odnorth

Okay l got a e-mail, l asked for a quote to ship 12 tires and wheels to Vancouver, B.C. they replied 5 skids= 7000lbs $850. Now l'm thinking the number of skids should be 3 and the weight about 2500lbs what do you guys think, l'm going to call them thursday to see.

number9

Has anyone got a set of these shipped to the States? The more I think about these wheels the more I like the idea of running them. The main thing would be the flexibility of running 11.00 or 14.5 or even 395's - not being stuck with one tire size should prices change over the years.

I called today to ask about shipping. VERY hard to get someone who could speak good English on the phone and then to communicate - maybe it's my KY accent. Guy I work with who is from Winnipeg was rolling listening to me talk on the phone. They told me if you buy 12 they only charge you for 10. He said tires were 80-90% tread. I'd like to have 7 wheels to have one for a spare myself, but the price break for a dozen is tempting.

Would anyone be interested in going in on a "group" order and splitting the shipping and then have the wheels delivered to Haspin? Just an idea. I plan to go to Haspin and hope to have taller singled out tires on the truck to make the trip with. I could bring your wheels/tires to you there.

charlietango

talk to Bruno, I am not french and they patched me to him ;)
it was quite the convo between myself and the frenchies too. I really need to brush up on that.
#9 just tell him you want 14 for the price of 12. then you could split a whole set including spare with someone or as above mentioned Echo has some already in the states for a good deal.

mine are holding every inch of air now. seems that initial flat boiled down to it being low and lots of weight getting stacked on the bead. Very happy with my purchase.

number9

Well, I placed my order today for 7 wheel/tire assy. Bruno was very good to work with even through the speech differences of a laid back KY boy and a high strung French Canadian :razz: They should be here on Wed. Not the tires I wanted to run (wanted the T831's) but with 80-90% tread on the ones that are coming on the wheels I guess I'll run them til they wear out. It'll be a couple weeks until I can get them mounted - got to order some wheel seals so I can put new ones in during the hub flip.

I've been tossing all the single-out options around for a long time and it finally feels good to have that off my mind.

number9

Picked up my wheels today from the terminal. They are shrink wrapped on 2 skids so I haven't got a real good look at them yet - still have to haul them 100 miles to where we keep the Deuce - but they don't look to all be 80-90% tread as they were advertised to be. A few look to be deep to the TWI and others look to be 1/4" from the TWI. Still a good deal for the price. I think I like the look of the tread on these tires, hope they are as good as other Michelins are. Hope to get them put on this weekend but we'll see how that works out.

number9

I just mounted my spare tire today. Was going to relocate the spare tire hanger down 1 1/2" but seen that the air tanks need to come out to get to the nuts so decided the heck with that.

I got some 3 1/2" long bolts (should have got 4") with same thread as the lug nuts. Ground the welds down on the carriage bolts in the spare tire plate and drove them out. Tack welded the new bolts back in their place. I used a length of crib board about 1 3/4" thick for a spacer and cut it same length and width as the spare tire plate and drilled holes for the new bolts to pass through. Had to clearance the board on each side for the cable to pass through.

Once the plate is in the wheel, the spacer block goes on so it's in between the Canadian wheel and the hanger. Then just crank it up and use the lug nuts to bolt it in.

I'll get some pics up later.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks