• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian MLVW wheels

m109guy

Looks good. I have to get around to doing the same thing one of these days. I was going to move the bracket down, but like you, once I saw that I would have to pull out the air tanks, I decided to leave it.

number9

You should be able to run a variety of tires on these wheels, that was the main reason I went with them. Can run the 11.00 that come on them as well as a 9.50 if you want, a 14.50 (though it has different bead) and even the 395's since guys run them on the stock wheels without issues.

number9

You should be able to run a variety of tires on these wheels, that was the main reason I went with them. Can run the 11.00 that come on them as well as a 9.50 if you want, a 14.50 (though it has different bead) and even the 395's since guys run them on the stock wheels without issues.

Section8

Bump for the thread..
Does anyone know if there are any of these rim tire combos left for sale??
If so who is selling them. I have been searching for a loooong time and can't find any, except in the states for major bucks!!

charlietango

Echo you're always one step ahead lol....

Section8 They are destroying all the trucks in a few Federal penitentiaries across Canada now. Going to be waaaaaay more difficult to locate them. There is rumor of a guy in Alberta....

Section8

Boy is our Canadian government dumb!!
Instead of being stupid and destroying the MLVW's why the H*#! Aren't they selling them to the general public! Such a huge waste!!!
I would buy one or two if I could. I own a farm so they would be put to good use!
Sorry but hearing that makes me grumpy!
What a ####### waste!!

charlietango

yea its a complete waste. There are some guys here (WPNS421 I think) who had some down Ottawa/Quebec way and they tried everything to get them on the road. They deemed them not roadworthy highly due to the single cylinder brake sys. PARTS only, and when people were driving them nuts trying to register them they decided just to take them in for scrap. (long and short of it. there may be a bit more to it) ILTis almost met the same fate.
So some did sell. But last i heard even guys who bought them were sending them in for scrap. The wheels are out there but they'll be harder to get. watch CADC because they're always emptying back warehouses. I saw a few skids of wheels and tires go on there but people were bidding waaaaaay too high imo

I will keep my eyes open.
pisses me off too. We're trying to restore two actual MLVW's before they're gone for good. Funny thing tho is the 2PPCLI here are still using a whole fleet of MLVW and there was some talk of re-building them completely. Those new NAVASTAR trucks are complete JUNK. The reserve unit ones are constantly in for service. Reg force here wont touch em yet. Too big. Too fragile. Not built for purpose.

Last edited:

charlietango

Hey Ron, you going to post more pictures in here after that teaser??? i've been patiently waiting...lol
I don't suppose your spare works anymore in the original loc?

charlietango

holy **** eh? how many sets did you buy?!?! Awesome........

spare tire on the M35? I cant see it fitting with a 395.
What size are the ones on the M342? 12.00? I have a set of those in the same Michelin mud pattern as your 395's. I believe they're 45" tall or so... Might just throw those on for now.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
holy **** eh? how many sets did you buy?!?! Awesome........

spare tire on the M35? I cant see it fitting with a 395.
What size are the ones on the M342? 12.00? I have a set of those in the same Michelin mud pattern as your 395's. I believe they're 45" tall or so... Might just throw those on for now.

Carry spares in the back.
The tires on the tipper front are 14.5 and match up with the 11R20 rears.
They work on this trailer also.

PS, Bruno hasn't worked at our source for a long time.
14.5's 10.jpg

charlietango

ahh gottcha, so the 14.5 is just a wider 11.00 basically. ( Just like 12.5 and 9.00's match up ) its all so confusing. sorry. then add the metric sizes to the mix *kapow* They look good!

Apparently Bruno got fired, and the place has gone to **** since. not sure what the details were but he was the only one that seemed to be any help around there.

I think i'll run the 12's . already have em. slowly work up to 46 lol. should have them on in a few weeks.

Section8

Does any one have a picture of the 2 piece MLVW rims in half??
I have looked and looked to find any and all I come up with are ones for nummers that are split.
I am wanting to see how the split. Is the hub face part of the outer ring (side you see) or the inner ring (towards the axle).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks