• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canines and dueces

rlwm211

My Gracy weighs 70 pounds or so and is 9 years old, soon to be ten. I have two spring seats so I made a platform covered in carpet that extends from the front of the passenger seat to the firewall that sits at the same height of the seat and she likes laying there, or sitting and seems to enjoy looking out the window as the world goes by. This is high enough she can lay there and look out the front if she wants to.

I do have to help her in but she helps get in, but can get out on her own.

RL

Last edited:

Clay James

When I fire up my deuce with C turbo, all the animals scatter except my parents' stupid chihuahuas. They don't mind the noise, they've even had a Mexican stand off with a dump truck:eek:

59apache

Chipmaker
gentlemen, please take care:

don't let your dog jump out of the truck!

my sheppy broke his ankle after jumping out of my tractor. i'm allways lifting him (and he hates it), but one time he was too fast and jumps out.

or use a board and let him walk in.

PS:
i don't meant jumping or fallen out of the moving vehicle. i meant jumping to get out.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My one dog hates all riding no matter what the vehicle and the deuce would probably put her into PTSD.

My other dog loves to ride in most vehicles but in the deuce, he can;t find a comfy spot for his big fat a$$, so he prefers the back of the CUCV. I do keep the window down in the back for him but he won't jump cause he's too lazy and that would be too much work.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a bunch of sound deadening material in the cab of my duce, it cut the noise in half. I have taken my friends dog for rides in it, and she loves it..now I cant keep her out of the silly thing..lol

Farmun

Our Mexican canine (don't know how to spell it, not even going to try) hates the Deuce. Took him riding 1 time, and he literally freaked out and tried to get under me while I was driving. Our Lab, who's pushing 13 yrs old, barely knows it running when he's standing by it. Poor thing is nearly totally deaf, but he loves to ride anything, and would be in Dog Heaven in the back if I could get him up there. Our Jack Russell Terrorist, she runs and hides and doesn't make a sound when the Deuce is started.

Based on these responses, I would say that a C-Turbo is not dog friendly (at least not to mine).

maxxplanck

My German Sheperd loves car rides but not the deuce, I put him up in the cab and all he would do was shake and act scared. I havent even started it. I have the turbo - D with a dynomax muffler. Ill spend some time this summer and see if we can get him to go for a short ride.[thumbzup]

rlwm211

I found keeping the passenger window shut and slanting the front windows open kept the noise down so my pup could handle it. I am using the same muffler setup.

I built a shelf that extends from the passenger spring seat to under the dash and it sits on a couple of 40mm ammo cans and she can lie down, or sit looking out the window or with her nose in the breeze. I padded it with foam and then used a pretty deep pile carpet to cover it so her claws and paws can get a grip. That actually seemed to make her as secure in riding in the deuce as the window being shut and the muffler for the noise.

RL

Last edited:

91W350

91w350, good looking dogs[thumbzup]
Thanks! That hound of yours is stunning, those traditionally marked long haired dogs are really beautiful. We had one as a K-9 here, only it had no friendly bones. That was one hyper-protective animal that loved to bark. I saw two in one of our parks today, playing disc golf. I almost took some photos of them, wish I had now!

When we got home this evening, I was letting the engine idle and Buddy was not wanting to get out of that truck, he was just sure there was some more adventure to be had. You know, maybe, if I lay my ears down and crouch a little, he will not notice that I am still in the truck.... when he gets in to go...... [thumbzup] Glen

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't tried the 80lb choc lab in the 5 ton yet. I want to get the exhaust fixed( whole lower pipe is rotted out). My other problem is that I have two springer seats, and with the DW riding, I don't really have room for the Lab. I guess she could lay on the floor, but that gets hot after a while. :mrgreen:

rlwm211

I will try to get a couple of photos of my setup for Gracy (a Golden Retriever) so you can consider a similiar solution. I have two spring seats as well.

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks