• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cant fit in m35a3, too tall, feel cramped.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmmm... either someone replaced your original set with the adjustable or put an A3 set into my M35A2C. Can't imagine someone wanting the non-adjustable set if they had a choice though.

Adjusting the pedals down made a huge comfort difference. My 109 has the standard springer seat, and pedals adjusted down and works fine. (still have to look around the wiper motor. :) )

peashooter

My 1988 M35A2C has the adjusters. I guess you just never know what you'll get with these trucks !
Yeah, my 1988 M109 has a few adjustment notches on the clutch pedal (I just lowered it a week or 2 ago), I haven't looked at the brake pedal yet. That one I would be more concerned about lowering though since it might need the full travel if you loose one brake circuit

Nasadowsk

My friend is ridiculously tall, and just did a modification to his deuce - basically, he built an 'adaptor' to shift the windshield up 6.5 inches, along with the roof - he couldn't see out the thing, and moving the seat down wasn't working for him. Well, he built version 1, which was a 'proof of concept'. It works for him. The thing looks crude and needs a bit of cleaning up and details handled, but as a POC, it worked well and he'll redo the thing in the winter. And it required NO modifications to the truck itself, so everything can be put back to the way it was when he bought it. It's pretty neat.

Nasadowsk

I'll have to grab some next time I'm in his neck of the woods - should be a week or two. It looks really rough (it's all wood) but as a proof, it worked awesome. This winter will be version 2 - the metal version.

Csm Davis

You guys are all shrimps, I am 6'8" and 340 lbs and I can drive one! Now the a2 is a little more fun I have to open the door to use the clutch but still not bad, I drove a 816 daily for a year or two!

rustystud

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
there are many variables like wheel size, seat type, pedal location, etc. i am 6'3" and 290 and no problems, still have extra room

Doug Roberts

looking at buying a bobbed m35a3, but when I go and sit in it the steering wheel touches my lap and the peddles are so high I have to pull my leg up to press it, making it unsafe and almost undrivable. I'm 6'2 210lbs is there any way I can modify it to make it more comfortable? how does the average guy supposed to fit in one of these?
any suggestions will help!
I always heard people saying how big this truck is , well it isn't ! I have M939A2s ... no problem , I'm 6'2" 237. I went to pick up a M35A2C in GA last month , drove it all the way to Chapel Hill NC. It's like driving a 2 1/2 ton Go Cart

rustystud

I should tell you the story of a woman Captain who wanted to ride up front with my spotter and me. I told her it was not a good idea since there isn't much room, but I was only a lowly Sergeant and she was a Captain sooooo. The rest of the story should not be told on a public forum.
After rereading this post I have to put in a disclaimer : no immoral acts happened just some really embarrassing events involving a gear shifter and a persons private area.:oops:

Last edited:

threewhd

My older 1972 M109 had adjustments, my 1987 M35A2 Air force truck did not. After driving the M109, I immediately modified the Air Force truck so I could adjust the pedals down a notch like the older trucks allowed by design. (Ref. the pictures in the link above.)

I am also running HMMWV seats which make a big difference. Here are some pictures I had. I actually riveted mine into the floor, but same idea.

Lastly, I allow my leg to come up to the side to work around the steering wheel.

Only problem I have now is seeing out the front windshield because the wiper motor sticks down so low it blocks my ability to look straight out the window.

I'm 6'3" and 300 lbs, so if I can fit, anyone can fit in a deuce. :)
I know I'm dragging up a old thread, but this has been a crucial piece of info I have been needing. Thanks :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks