• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cant get the m1031 to run

84cucv1ton

a buddy of mine got two of these for 2k. he made out real well. someone here said to disconnect the glow plugs. try some staring fluid. both started. ran for a good hour or more. hooked the plugs back up. one is great. other one still does not want to start. checked everything i can think of. all seems good. whats am i missing????

thanks

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had 8 bad glow plugs on my 1008 when I got it, wouldn't start till I changed them, also check the GP solenoid on the firewall with the key on when cold you should have 12-24 volts on both the big lugs when you first turn the key to the run position, if not the glow plug controller may not be working.

84cucv1ton

very true. i dont blame you at all.

thanks for the help. got it running. the little card under the dash, burnt somehow. put in a push button. new 1000 cca batteries and a new starter. think it was called a 28mt. something like that. way lighter and easy to put up to. blend the line. came to life. starts good and easy now. thanks for the help

CCATLETT1984

there is a small square chip with three pins on the edge farthest from the gold contacts, does it look burnt?
the chip is usually the culprit. I happen to have a few extra from when i had to get one in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks