• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cant get the m1031 to run

84cucv1ton

a buddy of mine got two of these for 2k. he made out real well. someone here said to disconnect the glow plugs. try some staring fluid. both started. ran for a good hour or more. hooked the plugs back up. one is great. other one still does not want to start. checked everything i can think of. all seems good. whats am i missing????

thanks

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had 8 bad glow plugs on my 1008 when I got it, wouldn't start till I changed them, also check the GP solenoid on the firewall with the key on when cold you should have 12-24 volts on both the big lugs when you first turn the key to the run position, if not the glow plug controller may not be working.

84cucv1ton

very true. i dont blame you at all.

thanks for the help. got it running. the little card under the dash, burnt somehow. put in a push button. new 1000 cca batteries and a new starter. think it was called a 28mt. something like that. way lighter and easy to put up to. blend the line. came to life. starts good and easy now. thanks for the help

CCATLETT1984

there is a small square chip with three pins on the edge farthest from the gold contacts, does it look burnt?
the chip is usually the culprit. I happen to have a few extra from when i had to get one in the past.