• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't post pics ??

acesneights1

Trying to post pics but they don't upload. I get the usual screen to browse my HDD. I select the pics. Then click upload and nothing happens.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My non techie answer on the pics is now you have to load them one at a time if not compressed. Sometimes if too big, the software now does not compress & error out and stopping the process. You then have to compress yourself before upload. Definitely not as user friendly as before and does not like doing multiples.

Now what is actually the problem is beyond my pay grade.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And please let me know the following:

OS, Browser, internet upload speed (not download), file type, file size, quick uploader or upload manager?

tbar123

I'm currently using windows 9,Firefox,1.1mbps,jpg,2.37mb, not sure on the last one. I click on the manage attachments tab. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try resizing the pics first. If you have 1.1mb internet, you've probably got a 0.5mb upload speed at best. Also try only uploading a pic at a time.

tbar123

Thanks patracy. I opened the pic with windows paint. Changed the image size by 50% and then was able to post pictures.

gottaluvit

Try resizing the pics first. If you have 1.1mb internet, you've probably got a 0.5mb upload speed at best. Also try only uploading a pic at a time.
I just couldn't upload on one thread and the same pic did upload on another thread. When it fails, it just dont even show the "text" that refers to the picture, before trying to hit the "post quick reply". So that might help, or make it more confusing.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Might download powertools image resizer. It's a great simple add on for windows. Then all you have to do is select the photo(s) in question and right click on them, then select resize, all automatic.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just couldn't upload on one thread and the same pic did upload on another thread. When it fails, it just dont even show the "text" that refers to the picture, before trying to hit the "post quick reply". So that might help, or make it more confusing.

Need the info to see what might be going on.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will try resizing. Phone is Android, Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, browser is Chrome, connection is Straighttalk/AT&T. 1.56 Mbps upload speed. Picture size that uploaded on one thread, but not the other, is 9.6 Mb.
Tapatalk is the easiest means of upload. There's so many flavors of phones/mobile browsers, that supporting them all would be difficult. 9.6mb images are huge. I'm not sure how you'd resize them from your phone.

gottaluvit

Tapatalk is the easiest means of upload. There's so many flavors of phones/mobile browsers, that supporting them all would be difficult. 9.6mb images are huge. I'm not sure how you'd resize them from your phone.
Resizing is easy but tapatalk won't even download from google play. Picture quality will be diminished, but 5 is better than zero on a 1-10 scale.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Resizing is easy but tapatalk won't even download from google play. Picture quality will be diminished, but 5 is better than zero on a 1-10 scale.
Sounds like your phone might have some issues. Picture quality will be diminished no matter what on the site. Even if you loaded a 9.6mb picture, it'll be resized to probably 1mb or so.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to upload a PDF file. Same behavior as images that won't upload until I resize them (and often convert them to PNG too). I have uploaded 40mb PDFs before.

Browser: Tried in both Firefox v45.0.1 (up to date at the time of this writing) and Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.18097 (I also tried logging out of SS and back in again and clearing browser/internet cache and cookies)
Internet upload speed: Capable of at least 1.1 Megabyte per second (not megabit) upload. I uploaded a 2 GB file to Dropbox in about 30 mins. Dropbox reported uploading at a maximum of nearly 1,200 KB/sec
File type: PDF
File size: 3.45MB
Quick uploader or upload manager? Steel Soldiers full web site -> Advanced -> Manage Attachments

I just want to attach this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9bqitcmhwy7qik/3M_Military_Vehicle_Delineators_Info_scan.pdf?dl=0

To this post of mine:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...the-Scrapper&p=1853457&viewfull=1#post1853457

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting, I'm not able to upload that file either, I just see a spinning wheel then nothing. No errors or anything. This gives me something to work with, thank you. I will try working with this until I get it to upload.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You just described the exact problem perfectly. It is that same behavior when some images don't upload.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks