• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas (tilt) tie downs

johnh uk

Ok Guys, be patient please ?

I have a heavy duty canvas back cover, it is 'tied down' using a loop and paracord combination,I noticed at a local rally the other Deuces had a heavy duty type of rope (not spliced) but joined with a type of clip on the canvas, one of the owners showed me the correct way of using the tie down hooks on the load bay.

so my question is; what do I ask for when trying to source these 'clips' also what is the correct guage and type of rope I need to order ?

please allow for my uk lingo ha ha:-?

thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The correct name for them escapes me right now, but I do know they are not cheap! Last time I looked, they were like $12 each.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short rope tie downs is what I mean ! (Thanks Gerhard ! ) I've read the rope and rigging manual and everything but what I need !!:roll:
OK then, I recon you want it to look original (=cheap) :)
(No, the military don't do rope splicing... since MV's don't have sails... :p)

I don't think I have enough clips to send you, for one complete cover; but let me know if you can't find them there.
Hey, I'm sure you could easily make your own out of flat black painted, 0.75mm sheetmetal. It just takes a pair of pliers and a bit of practice to get them on correctly. I just did one for demonstration, only.

See pics with dimensions, below.

G.

Attachments

johnh uk

OK then, I recon you want it to look original (=cheap) :)
(No, the military don't do rope splicing... since MV's don't have sails... :p)

I don't think I have enough clips to send you, for one complete cover; but let me know if you can't find them there.
Hey, I'm sure you could easily make your own out of flat black painted, 0.75mm sheetmetal. It just takes a pair of pliers and a bit of practice to get them on correctly. I just did one for demonstration, only.

See pics with dimensions, below.

G.
Absolutely Brilliant Gerhard !:beer: spot on Mate, right then off to the Museum saturday and try and scrouge some spare metal for practice !!!

Thanks Guys for your input much appreciated !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks