• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas (tilt) tie downs

johnh uk

Ok Guys, be patient please ?

I have a heavy duty canvas back cover, it is 'tied down' using a loop and paracord combination,I noticed at a local rally the other Deuces had a heavy duty type of rope (not spliced) but joined with a type of clip on the canvas, one of the owners showed me the correct way of using the tie down hooks on the load bay.

so my question is; what do I ask for when trying to source these 'clips' also what is the correct guage and type of rope I need to order ?

please allow for my uk lingo ha ha:-?

thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The correct name for them escapes me right now, but I do know they are not cheap! Last time I looked, they were like $12 each.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short rope tie downs is what I mean ! (Thanks Gerhard ! ) I've read the rope and rigging manual and everything but what I need !!:roll:
OK then, I recon you want it to look original (=cheap) :)
(No, the military don't do rope splicing... since MV's don't have sails... :p)

I don't think I have enough clips to send you, for one complete cover; but let me know if you can't find them there.
Hey, I'm sure you could easily make your own out of flat black painted, 0.75mm sheetmetal. It just takes a pair of pliers and a bit of practice to get them on correctly. I just did one for demonstration, only.

See pics with dimensions, below.

G.

Attachments

johnh uk

OK then, I recon you want it to look original (=cheap) :)
(No, the military don't do rope splicing... since MV's don't have sails... :p)

I don't think I have enough clips to send you, for one complete cover; but let me know if you can't find them there.
Hey, I'm sure you could easily make your own out of flat black painted, 0.75mm sheetmetal. It just takes a pair of pliers and a bit of practice to get them on correctly. I just did one for demonstration, only.

See pics with dimensions, below.

G.
Absolutely Brilliant Gerhard !:beer: spot on Mate, right then off to the Museum saturday and try and scrouge some spare metal for practice !!!

Thanks Guys for your input much appreciated !!