• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC tan question

Pawnshop

The Rustoleum camouflage tan is a MUCH closer match to CARC tan (at least the version that is on my M101A2), it is still too khaki but is much closer.

Here is a krappy cell phone photo, the center of the wheel is Army CARC, the outer half is Rustoleum from a spray can, it looks like a better match in person...

Attachments

Last edited:

emr

there are 2 tans the first gulf war that is a semi gloss and the current that is sandy and flat, arvoe has the best match sorry but it really does, and all u have to do is shoot, it matches and goes right on over the carc allen hauge the paint man is a nice guy and supplies this and can answer all questions from experience and give the best advise, i think, i know the advise here is good and so are all the paints people suggest, but the arvoe is the closest u will find, now absolutely no paint will be a perfect match on any mil or less expensive paints that has weathered for over a few months even, but they will fade in and match , that is why i suggest arvoe, he is in the mv mag

cmayer85

ok another question guys... since i have a lot of parts on the truck to paint and nothing is going to match my faded carc tan, which paint code should i use... they look the same to me

FED-STD-595 Federal Standard 595 Color FS 33510 is the Dark Sandstone 33510

FED-STD-595 Federal Standard 595 Color FS 33446 is the Tan 33446

i bought some krylon ultra flat camo for touch up and its way off but since i decided to repaint the truck i like the darker khaki color of the krylon compared to my faded yellowish tan carc

Pawnshop

The only answer is to completely repaint, then it doesn't matter. I know that is not what you want to hear but I think it is the only way. I have three tan trailers and none of them match, and none of the Army's touch ups match either, they just did not worry about it, close enough was close enough for them.

Armada

ok another question guys... since i have a lot of parts on the truck to paint and nothing is going to match my faded carc tan, which paint code should i use... they look the same to me
As I posted earlier, Gillespie 30277. It matches the tan carc on my 818, same as your 818, if that's what you're painting. I have also painted individual parts that were added to the truck as well as touching up spots on the body, and it is the same shade. Buy one rattle can and try it first if you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks