• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CD/AM FM radio player

paramedic7831

Didn’t see any other threads about CD/radio and setups.
Lets see what yall have done to make it work. Where did you mount it? Where did you put the speakers? Can you even hear it? Have you even been caught listening to Brittany Spears in your big rig.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was in Germany in the 70's I had an 8 track tape player mounted in the glove box of my deuce...speakers were wired into the back of the cab. I had a secret way of securing the glovebox to keep light fingered people out of it.

dittle

I use my iPod and noise cancelling ear buds. The buds basically act as ear plugs when no music is playing through them and then I turn on the music just loud enough to hear it over the rest of the background. I can still hear the sounds of the truck (although muffled) just in case something goes wrong.

oddshot

Earmuff Radio - Peltor Digital WorkTunes 26 Radio Earmuff Installation takes a few seconds and you can hear it well.
You can plug in a portablen CD player but expect skips from the vibration of the deuce. I feed my ipod through mine.

If you must have a perm mount search terms "diablo build"
Every once in a while I start looking for a set of 'muffs like that.

The dream would be to find something that is

1) Wireless
2) Combines with a mike for intra cockpit conversation (so I'd need TWO)
3) hooks up to CB radio
4) hooks up to am-fm cd player.

and the biggest one ... 5) cheap.

I keep looking over at motorcycle stuff ... but I just don't have time to really dig into it and figure it all out.

Right now I'm using ear plugs ... and just listening to the rattle and hum inside my head.

oddshot

Goose2448

If you want something like oddshot wants, try getting an old radio stack out of a 152 or something. That way you can use Aviation Headsets, the sounds of a 360ci Flat 4 are louder than a deuce, which has mikes, and some have a plug in for a phone, or ipod, and you can still hear whats going on outside. Plus they are comfortable.

Pawnshop

It's portable! Car bat, XM receiver, some speakers and a 30mm ammo can, works anywhere on the planet... One of the kids with the truck made it, said he made some extra cash manufacturing them while deployed in Asscrackistan. Clever

Blackmagic94

I used Bose noise canceling headphones with my iphone on the 520 mile drive back from Gary's when I recovered mine, it was great because for that long I would have been deaf.

I want a set of noise canceling intercom headsets for a passenger and myself.

Blackmagic94

I used Bose noise canceling headphones with my iphone on the 520 mile drive back from Gary's when I recovered mine, it was great because for that long I would have been deaf.

I want a set of noise canceling intercom headsets for a passenger and myself.

Mikey90744

you can buy intercoms that have an input for a stereo, thats what we run in the sand rail, the only down side is price for those systems. The one in the rail with 4 head sets a head unit and a car to car radio was close to 2k dollars, but