• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changing axle ratio?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
hello 73m819, and syeve6X6X6, I would like to go at about 65 or 70MPH. And when u say 14.50, is this the tire diameter? How do I understand tire measurement?:oops:
Buy a civy truck, put deuce sheet metal on it, these trucks ARE NOT DESIGNED for 65-70 mph, more like 45/50, now they will do 70, but takes a LOT of mods to do it safely, another thing to remember, these trucks run grease hubs which = hot hubs at 70, at 70 the engine will be turning at the gov. forever, very hard on motors, also when a GO FASTER runs over soccer mom (even if it is her fault) and kills her and her kids WILL NOT be good for the MV hobby (we are having more and more problems getting out trucks reg.)

These truck ARE NOT "cooler", "faster", "bigger pick up then yours" trucks, they ARE truck that WILL take a beating, get you out of the area, do about anything and everything that these trucks are designed for plus (a VERY over designed truck that has lasted for 30, 40, 50, 60 years)

Last edited:

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron is right, these trucks aren't ment to go 70mph.
I had my bobbed m35a2 up to 68mph for about 3 seconds.. It's a scary ride. Don't do it!!
I run 395/85/R20 tires and on the interstate ill run at 55mph, go slow and enjoy the ride and let all those that pass you enjoy looking at your beautiful OD green machine.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you are all scaring me ! But I think you are right, well, I guess Ill enjoy what I have and besides, I am looking for a place to offroad near Fort lauderdale, Florida. Any suggestions?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
65mph can be had with 395's. (Goodyear MVT tires are rated to 68mph, XML's are only rated to 56mph)

3dAngus

My bobbed deuce with 395s is more comfortable to drive at 65 then at 45, due to steering concerns. Braking is not an issue. It becomes an issue if pulling a M105 without the air lines hooked up and it fully loaded. It is not an issue unloaded. The bobbed deuce will stop it quickly.

I try all different kinds of ways to get familiar with the equipment I'm driving. My preferred way on the Interstate is air lines hooked up, driving 65mph. Not an issue. Results will definitely vary.
Every truck is different!

You HAVE to know your equipment. I would not want to drive a 6X6 deuce with 9X11 NDTs at 65mph down the Interstate, with, or without, a M105.
I have not tested a super singled out deuce with 6 395s at 65 mph down the Interstate, so I cannot report on it.

ivbeenrokd

58-60 mph is a sweet spot in mine on the interstate. It has plenty of hill power at that RPM and will go up to about 63 if needed but it's really pushing the RPMs to stay there. My current truck does seem to have better power, brakes, and steering than average so I would feel differently in another truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks