• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charging Deuce Batteries

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't that double dipping?
Are you refering to a Ménage à trois? That will recharge anybody !:wink:

DanMartin

Chargetek 500-1

They are like $100 and perfect for a deuce. Charges and conditions both batteries individually. Hard-wire it, plug in your truck when not in use, and forget it. Just need to keep the fluid levels in the batteries up (check every month or so).

I got mine here

jdmcgowen

Question while on this subject....
Can you use 3 12V Batts, and wire one in series and one in parrallel to = 24 volts? Seems like it would work, and work the batteries less.

DanMartin

You would need 4 batteries to do what you are trying to do...series/parallel. Basically how the 5 tons work IIRC (use 4 12v batteries in two series-banks, then each bank in parallel for make 24v with a high power availability.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks